Thread: Really weird multitouch with Cintiq Pro 13 on OS X

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I'm using 10.12.3.

I'm extremely sympathetic to not wanting to support proprietary gesture systems; it seems like Apple already has a really good system for gestures in iOS that I would have expected them to pull into OS X by now, windows must have something similar since they started with the surface pro... even linux's evdev has a super coherent set of events to support multitouch gestures. It's like buying kevlar rolls and building your own tire-shaped mold when there's a goodyear next door.

I've talked with wacom support a bit, and I've managed to get more specific about the behaviour:

- when Cmd + Mousewheel = Zoom is on, two finger canvas drags move the canvas at about half the speed I'd expect, pinching out (what I'd expect to zoom in) moves the canvas down, pinching together moves it up
    - when Cmd + Mousewheel = Zoom is off, pinch to zoom works exactly right, vertical scrolling gestures zoom in and out (down is bigger), horizontal scroll gestures do nothing.

When C+M=Z is on, gestures on my trackpad work pretty much perfectly (rotation in both directions! it still makes me sad that I apparently can't zoom/scroll/rotate in a single gesture but I guess I'll take what I can get).
    Last edited by mr_reidpants; 03-17-2017 at 05:22 PM.