ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Transparebnt background

Gallery
    View images

Transparebnt background

HELP!!! Hello everyone - I'm a brand-new AR user...had it less than a week. How in the world do I create a transparent background - like when making a tube or an icon or other kind of drawing/painting which could be placed onto a colored background seamlessly? As in an email, blog, incredimail? I have gone through the posts which resemble my problem and tried many solutions - no matter what I do i can't figure this out.

Gallery
    View images
    File -> New Painting

Change "opacity" setting to zero.

Click "OK"

Done.

Gallery
    View images
    If you want to output a transparent background image, there's a couple of things you'd need to do.

1/ Set the paper opacity to 0% as spyres suggested. You can either do this when starting your new painting ( Opacity -> 0% ) or when you've started your painting, going to the background layer, right clicking, choosing "Paper settings" and setting the opacity to 0%. Essentially this is making your canvas a transparent sheet. You'll be able to tell you have a transparent background as ArtRage will display a grey and white checkerboard where the canvas was previously.

2/ When you save your file for use elsewhere, be sure to use a format which supports transparency. I'd recommend PNG I'd say if you're going to use it on the web, as JPG doesn't support transparency. To export your painting to a standard file format, go to the File menu, choose "Export as Image", then select the format and save.

Hope that helps!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks so much....so far, it does work if i import the image to a Word document, but not if I'm using LetterCreator - are you familiar?, part of Incredimail.

When I import into letterCreator, it still has the canvas around the image....

Very frustrating!

Gallery
    View images
    I'm not sure what requirements LetterCreator has for transparency I'm afraid. It sounds like it might not support it, or not with PNG images at a guess but there may be some settings you can tweak in that software.

Glad to hear you're able to view the files correctly in MS Word!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks so much!