Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pumpkin Carvings

Gallery
    View images

Pumpkin Carvings

I thought of bringing up a total standart topic of Halloween, but thought a little refinement couldn't hurt!

Here you could either paint a beautiful masterpiece with a real carved pumpkin or simply paint an idea for the carving itself!!! I'll see that I prepare some examples for inspiration. I think it would be really funny! Imagine someone would actually try to make your pumpkin carving pattern! Imagine you'd do it yourself, hahahaha!

CARVE AWAY! :lol:

Gallery
    View images

Example and Template...

Ok, here's a little example and a template pumpkin that might getcha going!?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pumpkin_884.jpg 
Views:	693 
Size:	199.9 KB 
ID:	10936  

Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    OK. I'll give it a try but don't laugh. :lol: It's first time I do something like this but I'm having fun. I used your pumpkin.jpg just add-on very simple one. A Happy Holloween smile and change the texture of the canvas.

Gallery
    View images
    THAT'S AWESOME, PAI! Hahahaha... mummy-pumpkin! Brilliant! That's even more than I'd hoped for! Great stuff!!!

more more more... :lol:

I hope that nobody will worry about quality too much. This is purely about fun and simple creativity! No contest! Just joy and experimentation...

Thanks a lot, Pai, you're making me already very happy!

Gallery
    View images
    Hahaha. What a super idea!

I love yours Pai!

And Taron, as always, very cool.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you Taron and D Akey. It's so amazing that I really feel like I'm carving a pumpkin when I do the second one. Taron, you're so great to come up this idea. Oh, well, this one may not serve exactly Halloween mood but you said creative....so I made this. :lol: Can you tell what it is?

Gallery
    View images
    Fantastic! Tough to pull off, but I'm sure it's possible! :idea:
    I suppose it's a sleeping fox?! It's incredibly cute! And it truely deeply makes me happy! You should've seen what I actually was carving into pumpkins a few years ago.... I think I'll have to do it this year again!

The other thing I wanted to show and tell was that you can actually just take of the skin at some areas, which will then show a dim light, once a light is inside. This way you can make shadings for example or more complex pictures. It's totally fantastic. I'll see that I prepare something for you to see what I mean.

Pai, again, congratulations, this is very beautiful!

...people, if that doesn't inspire you than I don't know what could! :shock:

Gallery
    View images
    Great idea Taron! Thanks for the pumpkin to get us started.
    Pai, yours are wonderful. I like the firefox too.

Mine isn't very creative, but it was fun. It doesn't look like I'll be doing any real carving this year, so this was a nice alternative. Maybe once I get my project at work complete, I'll be able to come up with something a little more original.

Gallery
    View images
    I think it's a beautiful classic and it clearly looks just perfect! This one sings to me for sure!

Ah, duh, firefox, I thought it looked familiar. I can't run mozilla on this machine for whatever reason, that's why it's but a faint memory. Still too darn cute! :lol:

Gallery
    View images

Message On Your Answering Machine:

"Hey Taron, I've set you up with this real cool - Man, is she hot! - chick for Halloween.

Hope you don't mind.

Byeee ... :twisted:
    "

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Hin

Hin's Paintings: http://hinketea.imagekind.com