ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help please?

Gallery
    View images

Help please?

I have made two paintings today. They looked fine before I saved them. But when I preview them the paper looks grainy...and I don't have the grain setting on. How can I convert my painting back onto basic non grainy paper? Can I even get the normal look back...ugh :cry: I worked so hard on this last painting..I really wish to get it back to it's original look before I saved it.
    Netti ~ Elisabeth ~

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Netti,

What format did you save them in? If you saved them as ptg files they shouldn't have changed, although you can change the canvas settings by opening the painting file in Artrage, then right clicking the layer with the canvas ( usually the base layer ), going to Edit Paper Settings, and changing the canvas to the look you prefer.

If you saved them as jpegs, it may be that the jpeg compression ( jpegs use a lossy compression method, so will tend not to look as clear as the other available formats exportable from ArtRage ) is causing the canvas to look at a little different.

One important note. It's always worthwhile saving your ArtRage paintings in PTG format ( normal painting format ) via File, Save or File Save As. The Export option is not intended to save working files, and if you need to make any changes later but have not saved, only exported it, you will not have access to a lot of the data like paint thickness, wetness, potentially layers, or even have the image at its original quality because ArtRage's native format is the only format which contains all that data.

Moving this to the tech support forum. Let me know how you get on and I hope that's of some use.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you very much for the help Dave. I exported it as a jpeg image. Now I will know better to save my work in PTG format.

Thank you

Sorry that I posted it in the wrong section, I didn't realize that it should have been written in the Technical forum...but it makes sense :wink:
    Netti ~ Elisabeth ~

Gallery
    View images
    No problem at all! This is something we're thinking about for future versions as we'd like to make it more intuitive for the user that work is best saved as ptg files, but can be exported to other images to show others, email and so on.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design