ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pressure sensitivity...

Pressure sensitivity...

I have the latest driver for my intous3, have tried uninstalling/reinstalling. Have tried the color swatch/sampler work around, cant find any prs files, and I still cant get any pressure sensitivity. I got a deadline and Im in dire straights.

What operating system are you using?
    If it's Vista, make sure you disable your right-click and/or gesture helpers from the system control panel.
    You could try changing the 'Precise tablet mode' setting in the ArtRage preferences menu.

Do any of the tools make marks on the canvas, or are you getting nothing at all?
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Windows xp, the precice setting makes no noticable difference. the tools all make marks of the same weight.

Do you get pressure response in other programs?

It sounds like a problem with your tablet drivers. I know you said you have the latest, but are you certain? Does your graphics tablet control panel show pressure working?

Yeah, it works in other programs, but not artrage. I think the problem lies there.

Just to re-confirm...
    If you use the crayon tool, do you get a consistenly heavy stroke, or a very light, barely visible stroke?
    Does the weight of the stroke vary if you vary the pressure dial in the tool settings panel?

Do you have any pen helper applications running? Eg PenCommander, or the like?
    Have you checked the Wacom control panel to ensure you haven't set up a profile for ArtRage that could cause a change in pressure support?

Has pressure worked for you previously with ArtRage? Would you like us to give you a link to ArtRage version 2.2 to try?

If you do not have hidden system files viewable on your system, you will not be able to see the artrage.prs file. However, you can start up ArtRage while holding down the spacebar, which will reset it to its default settings. You'll know this has worked if ArtRage checks for updates after it's launched.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

I use the crayon, it is the same strength regardless.Yes the weight of the stroke changes only if I dial up or down on the pressure in the tool settings, it does not allow me any control with the pen.
    No pen helpers, Pressure has worked before on my first verion of 2.
    I could try 2.2
    The updates check works every time it loads. And my system files have always been viewable, I cant find any prs files in artrage full or the free one.

Thanks for that. If you cannot find any prs file on your computer in that case, it would seem that ArtRage is not being allowed to write its settings file, possibly due to restrictive write permissions to that location. This would also be indicated by you getting the update check each time you start. Mind you, that being the case, we can be pretty sure that you're using the default settings so let's skip anything to do with that for now.

I'll fire you a PM with instructions on getting a copy of 2.2 to try.

Regarding what Andy mentioned with profiles in the Wacom control panel, it would definitely be worthwhile taking a look, as a damaged pen profile or a profile with odd settings could persist between installations and uninstallations of your Wacom software and may explain the odd behaviour you're getting.

Here's what I'd suggest you do to make sure that your tablet settings are at their default values as on my system here:

1/ Open up the Wacom tablet properties from your control panel.
    2/ Check the "Application" bar in this window ( the third one down ) and see what is highlighted. By default "All" will be highlighted. If you have any other items in this bar, click "All"
    3/ On the "Pen" tab, click the "Default" button. Do the same on the "Eraser" and "Mapping" tabs
    4/ Close the Window. If ArtRage is running, close it, then restart it and check if this has any bearing on the behavior

If you're running default settings with your tablet, and you are not getting pressure support in ArtRage then it may be that there's another external factor involved which is causing the problem, but give 2.2 a shot and check the above things and let's see what else we can do to trouble shoot this with you. Hope that's of some help!
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thanks, I tried that, and It didnt make ayn differance, fighting a loosing battle here .