ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tablets and a piece of paper

Tablets and a piece of paper

If you have a graphics tablet, try putting a sheet of paper on top. I find that it can make a huge difference to how the drawing process feels.
    Charlie

ArtRage for Art | EnergyXT2 for Music | Blender for 3D

thanks for the tip.. tried it, it certainly feels different..
    God hates me 'cause I'm an atheist...
    Ex nihilo nihil fit - Therefore, I must be a nihilist.

nice tip

the paper adds a bit of grip to the pen

with out now is like slipping and sliding

thanks

Steve

anyone ever use the felt nib on wacom pen ? Wacom store sells it for Intuos pen but no mention of it for Graphire which is what i use...it is suppose to have a similar effect to the paper trick... I'm wondering what the difference is between the Intuos and graphire pen and whether or not the felt nibs will fit in graphire pen and work on the graphire tablet.
    Why follow me to higher ground lost as you swear I am

I don't know if the felt nibs will fit a graphire pen, but I use them and love them with my Intous. It definitely feels like there is more grip, and it makes a nice *squeak* like a marker when you use it.

As for the paper on the tablet surface, one thing to keep in mind is that it might cause the tip to wear down faster. The paper surface is a whole lot rougher on the tip than the plastic.

C
    Unless otherwise specified, all images I post are released under Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 License http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/

They'll fit. The pens use the same nibs.

Yup, I was just on the WACOM site and it says they are compatible....last I looked a couple of months ago there was no mention of this...yay ! Thanks !

I would like to get a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet...
    Could someone tell me what size to go for?
    I'm looking at the 4X6 atm because of cost, do you think this will be too small?

Thanks for any advice or recomendations.

I would have to go bigger as a personal preference...as well I'm saving for an Intuos...no smaller than 6X8 which is what my graphire 3 is.

Bigger is not always better. I have a 30cm x 30cm oversized intuos2 tablet and it's quite unwieldy. The broad rim makes it so big it doesn't fit well on your lap, but the size of the thing also makes it hard to use next to a keyboard. So go for big, but don't overdo it. Try one out if you can.