ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Layer transform

Layer transform

My computer now has a whole extra gig of ram, totalling in at 2 gigabyte.

The brush doesn't lag on 500 DPI images anymore. Layer transform is still a problem though.

Layer transform at 500 DPI doesn't crash the program anymore, but one full screen stroke with the resize tool only resizes a millimeter or so. And it isn't exactly gradual or precise.

I'm perfectly willing to call this a bug... You somehow need to optimize Layer transformation. I just bought a whole extra gig of ram and while it stops the program from crasching it still didn't make Layer transform usefull in high resolutions.

Suggestion

Here's a suggestion.

Maybe it allready works this way, but if it doesn't maybe this could help.

When you do the layer transform, and press the pad/mousebutton to do the resize/move/spin action, couldn't you have Artrage take a screencap? Then the computer just needs to handle the resolution of your screen. When you lift the pen/finger from mousebutton the program calculates the new coordinates and makes the real transform. You wouldn't be able to see anything you have drawn that happens to be outside the screen while doing the action, but I don't think you really need to.

Now I have even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program by going to http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrageinstaller.html and download the latest installer. That didn't help either.

I have tried turning off every single program that could hog resources.

And I got a gig more Ram. Didn't work. Which while cheaper than I thought, not exactly free. (Don't worry though, I am pretty pleased with how it made all my other applications run smoother...)

Could you please at least aknowledge this as a problem?

Improving the response of the layer transforms was added to the buglist when you first mentioned it. I'll investigate means to make it more responsive for a future release of ArtRage.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Thank you so very much!