ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: a 'heads up' for new users

a 'heads up' for new users

I know this has a simple easy obvious fix and its a silly problem for starters ...however that said

When I first opened ArtRage i couldnt see the metalic option for the paint and I knew where it should be from hearing people mention it before on the forum..I rememberd Andy mentioning to someone to check if they had it 'checked' and that it was down the bottom of the colour picker-i assumed i couldnt see it as i was using the free version where it wasnt available

It was only this rememberance[after a fortnight of using the free version and now having the full one, with metalics available, and not seeing them] that made me twig to the fact that the bottom bit of the interface was being cut off [stupid i know] .I couldnt get hold of the bottom corner of the window and so couldnt resize it .

It took me far too long to think of adjusting my monitor resolution and when i did it fixed the prob no worries and even when i go back to the original resolution it now all fits in the window..go figure

I have attached an image i've cropped to show just what i could originally see.

my suggestion is: it might be good to include a low quality screen shot with the 'read me' so new users who dont read the manual will make sure they see all they should and dont miss out on metalic paint cause they cant find it and havent read the forum to know where to look

I feel like a real dork ops: for taking that long to realize.. but the thing is without the benifit of reading the forum or reading the manual and thinking 'where is that metalic paint option i wonder' i may never have known.

anywho just a thought

with such a great program i would hate for people to miss bits
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cutt_off_415.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	952  

Hi Selby,

Forewarning.

You will now find, occasionally, that a tool has been switched for a stick of hard crumbly cheese without your knowledge!

It means you've engagad Metallic by accident. Metallic is a wondefrul option, but not when it's applied to a delicately pre-painted area.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.

Hi Aged P,
    I know what you mean it would be super annoying in the wrong spot-esp. in your loverly peices,so detailed and such nice colour blending.

and i probly wont use metallic so much in serious pieces but for now its so new and i CANT resist playing with metalic glitter....this afternoon i just made layers and layers of glitter and smudged them about-it was kinda like real kiddy finger painting..no destination in mind...very theraputic ...just watched the 'pretties'

I know :idea: maybe a kiddy lock you put it on when you want to play with the pretties and take it off when you want a destination :wink:

Hi Selby, Aswell as adjusting you monitors viewable area it's also very importent to calibrate your monitor so your artwork looks the same (or as close to as possible) when printed & on other computer screens.

Hi Aldrik,

Lot of solid info on your site. I know my printer is out of whack with the monitor. I will work my way through and try to get it right.
    Luck is infatuated with the efficient.