ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iPad Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Lag-free 500% brush size

Gallery
    View images

Lag-free 500% brush size

What kind of PC specs are needed to have lag-free brush strokes at 500% brush size?

Gallery
    View images
    Hmmm.... I dont think it's been invented yet.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

I would appreciate it if you would optimize the drawing of big brush strokes!

In Photoshop as well as in Alias Sketchbook, brushstrokes of this size are lag free!

As an industrial designer I need to work out the lights/shadows of freeform models with very large airbrush strokes (quarter of display height).
    It is not good, that I have to type in the size, but drawing with it is nearly impossible.

For me the tilt function is useless, maybe being able to disable tilt could speed it up?

I like ArtRage very much and would even more like to recommend it to my students. Integrating big brush strokes better would instantly make it superior to Alias Sketchbook because of all the other excellent functions.

Gallery
    View images
    Note that you can speed up the update performance of ArtRage if you disable the 3D lighting renderer by pressing <F5>
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"