ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Windows 10 Anniversary Update

A windows 10 Anniversary update was released a couple of days ago. It was automatically installed and may still be being rolled out. If you have Windows 10 I suggest you check System Restore as it was turned off on my computer (reported by others too). I also lost my previous restore points. I noticed a few other changes too - mainly to how I had customised my settings. I think it is more a 'new' version than an 'update' in that customised settings have reverted to 'default'.

The new OS build is 14393.10, version 1607. If you have noticed a change in your start menu it's an indicator you have the anniversary update.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Microsoft is reducing functionality now

Yes,

Microsoft started to reduce the functions of the free Windows 10 version now. If you want to
    have them back you need to buy a greater version of Windows 10.

That's the reason why they deleted all resore points - though you can not go back to
    the fully functional old version of Windows 10.

There is a reason why many people switch to Linux with WINE.
    Kunst muss nicht immer kompliziert sein!

For this very reason I have updates turned off via "Set as metered connection" in Settings / WiFi / Advanced Options. Have had them off on all my OS's and it isn't going to be any different on my new Win10 rig. I'm risk averse when it comes to Micro$oft.

I don't see this option but it could be that I don't use WiFi or just another change?
    Last edited by Enug; 08-07-2016 at 09:31 PM.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Enug View Post
    I don't see this option but it could be that I don't use WiFi or just another change?
    Could be, June, not sure. My laptop came with these options.

The updates are quite big and I can't afford to use so much of my quota on them.

I actually picked up on the metered thing from this link:
    http://www.howtogeek.com/249254/how-...-so-much-data/
    I didn't realise Win10 is like my devices - using up data via apps, etc. No wonder we were chewing through our quota.

Only thing is, my printer is WiFi (can also use usb though) and I have to turn the metered option off when I print. Found that out the hard way with a bit of sleuthing.