ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: I'm a newbie! Can you please help me out?

Unhappy I'm a newbie! Can you please help me out?

Hi there!

I've spent 4 hours trying to use ArtRage and am about to throw my Wacom at the wall! When I try to draw I get a yellow 'post-it/note' thing. It and my drawing then vanishes. I even paid to upgrade to Version 4 and now it says my serial number isn't valid! I've had no reply from ArtRage help.

Any ideas?

Hello InkyJaney and welcome to the ArtRage forums
    Sorry to hear things haven't started so well for you with ArtRage. More rage than art at the moment I fear.
    The AR team are on the other side of the world from you, New Zealand in fact, so it could be that they were sleeping! but they are good at helping when things go wrong, honest!
    I the meantime while we wait for them maybe you could provide more info, it all helps them.
    Your operating system
    Your model of Wacom tablet and the driver version it's using.
    Also a screenshot of the yellow post-it note thing might be good if you can, as I can't think what that might be.
    There is also this help page about unaccepted registration numbers which may help: https://www.artrage.com/faqs/serial-...-not-accepted/
    I really hope you can get this sorted soon, as I'm sure you do too!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by InkyJaney View Post
    Hi there!

I've spent 4 hours trying to use ArtRage and am about to throw my Wacom at the wall! When I try to draw I get a yellow 'post-it/note' thing. It and my drawing then vanishes. I even paid to upgrade to Version 4 and now it says my serial number isn't valid! I've had no reply from ArtRage help.

Any ideas?

I've answered your email, but for anyone else wondering, this is probably the Mac's handwriting recognition system kicking in, which can be disabled in System Preferences.

ArtRage won't recognise the serial if you're entering it into ArtRage 2 - you need to download the separate AR4 program (there should be a link in your purchase email, and you can also register and download via the member's area).

If you're definitely entering it into AR4, try copying and using the 'Paste from Clipboard' button to avoid errors.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!