ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: A Question of Paper size????( To Andy probably)...Jack.

A Question of Paper size????( To Andy probably)...Jack.

A Question of paper size?????( to Andy probably)
    The question is...if you are making a grain paper, and its less than 1024 width. will it automaticxally get reduced to a particular 'handling size' and then stitched together like tiling to make the appropriate size for the paper chosen over 1024?????????... I am asking this because some grained papers I made appear to be " Tiled". you may not notice this until you try them as metalic background papers... it then becomes glaringly obvious by the huge creases( Joints) in the paper...
    Want to know if I can avoid this problem by making the size of the picture over 1024... will this stop the automatic tiling effect coming into operation?????? ....or is it something I am totally missing or unaware of.... Jack
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

With the grains we've supplied with ArtRage, we've made sure they can tile seamlessly. If you're making your own grains you may need to use another application to make sure the left and right edges and the top and bottom edges match up to make a seamless tile.
    Otherwise you can either make your paper larger than you need, or edit the paper settings in ArtRage to scale the paper grain to be larger.
    AndyRage's mantra for graphics engine code:
    "Sure - how hard can it be?"

Cheers Andy I think that answers it because I get no seams on the papers I made larger... I was just wondering if there was a particular size, point at which the program automatically tiles for larger cavasses, so that I could be sure of staying above that size, avoiding the said problem.......It wont worry me as I can work around it...Just wondered if there was a figure to stay above.......Thanks anyway Andy..... Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.