ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: 64 bit for ArtRage 2.6?

64 bit for ArtRage 2.6?

I went to upgrade to AR 2.6 and couldn`t find a 64 bit version. Is there one.

Doug

Hello Doug B,
    No, I afraid there isn't. For 64-bit you'll be needing AR 4.5.
    It is is worth upgrading to and registered owners of earlier versions of AR do get a 50% discount too.
    Go on, you know you want to!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Quote Originally Posted by markw View Post
    Hello Doug B,
    No, I afraid there isn't. For 64-bit you'll be needing AR 4.5.
    It is is worth upgrading to and registered owners of earlier versions of AR do get a 50% discount too.
    Go on, you know you want to!
    I already have AR 4.5 64 bit. So are you saying that I need to pay for an AR 4.6 64 bit upgrade?
    If so do you have a link? Thanks

Ah, forgive me Doug. I fear some confusion may have crept in here, I thought you were wanting to upgrade from an early version of AR.
    AR4.5 is the latest version and is 64-bit (but can also run in 32-bit if needed). And the most recent build you can download is v4.5.4.
    All the versions of ArtRage before, like v2.6, were just 32-bit. These earlier versions of AR as I understand it are not being developed anymore so will remain 32-bit.
    As you already own AR4.5 then you need not buy anything else for now. And updates within this version, for example going from v4.5.2 to v4.5.4 are free.
    At some point in the future I'm sure there will be a major new release of ArtRage to a new version number, let us call this possible new version ArtRage5 for now, and as I understand it this then would constitute a major update and we would all have to pay for this new version if we wanted it.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Just dropping in to officially say that markw is completely correct
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hi Doug,

As already mentioned above: ArtRage 4.5 supports 64-bit and it sounds like you already have a copy. So long your Operating System can support it and is also 64 bit (excluding Win XP), you should be sorted.

However, what you might not be aware of and questioning...

If you haven't already, register your serial on the members area:
    https://members.artrage.com/

or check in the application itself for latest updates, under Help > Check for Updates.
    Minor version updates are entirely free. It's only major version which will cost, in which we offer 50% discount to our previous owners.

When you actually come to running the application notice there are two EXE files:
    ArtRage.exe - This is the 64 bit version
    ArtRage 32.exe - This is the 32 bit version

Under Help > About, you will find your version number and either 64 Bit or 32 Bit, depending on what you are running.

The 64 bit version isn't actually labeled on the EXE and is run by default, which might of been the confusion. Hope that helps, enjoy your painting.