ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: .ptg file won't delete from trash

.ptg file won't delete from trash

I've called it something else,it still won't delete in trash,i've even changed the name and suffix ...

This is after I've quit Art Rage and deleted the original file in artrage .. any help here?
    Using a trace temp yesterday..today trash is adamant the file is in use.
    artrage2 serial: (not required) etc..
    mac snow leopard
    thanks in advance
    Last edited by WebRage; 08-11-2015 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Removing serial part

Hi Oli,
    This could be more a problem with OSX getting confused rather than AR2 per say.
    Have you tried completely shutting down your computer and restarting? This usually forces processes that are reluctant to give up a file to relinquish it.
    And then empty the trash.

Though it didn't happen often, I remember this happening enough to me when I was on Snow Leopard that I went looking for some solutions and found some free/donation software called "What's Keeping Me?".
    I did find it useful on occasions, when for one reason or another I did not want to shutdown the computer.
    I don't think it's being developed any more and the last released version 2.4 will only run on an Intel based Mac running Snow Leopard or later.
    If you want to try it you can find the App here: http://www.hamsoftengineering.com/products/wkm/wkm.html
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi marks
    I ran across this problem when "securely emptying trash"its always been like it.
    it used to take ages..then started not emptying at all
    I web searched and found
    apple alt esc and shut the trash down from the finder..opening itself up must have kicked it in the backside because that worked as suggested it might.
    This could be more a problem with OSX getting confused rather than AR2 per say
    you could be right,i've uninstalled AR re-installing later
    will post any probs ..thanks for the reply.

Glad to hear it cleared.
    If you are having recurring problems, have you done any System checks/maintenance to see if they help?
    It would certainly do no harm to use Mac's own Disc Utility. Run 'Verify Disk' to see if there are any Hard Drive issues and also 'Repair Permissions'.
    For more in-depth probing a third party diagnostic app like Onyx (at the free end of the market) might be useful.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi, if you encounter this issue again:

1) Restart, then force empty. Does that help?
    If so, then the application might be still running accessing that file (not closing correctly) or perhaps security software (such as anti-virus scanner) is scanning that file you are trying to delete. Also, consider any other third party software which might access image files.

2) Repair disk & repair permissions
    Under your Disk Utility > Click on your hard drive in the list to the left, then click the First Aid tab, and finally the “Repair Disk” button. If any errors are listed when it’s done, click “Repair Disk” again to make sure the error doesn’t come up a second time. Next, click the “Repair Disk Permissions” button and let it scan the drive. This only needs to be done once. If a section of your hard drive is damaged or currently has incorrect permissions, this will attempt to fix it. As "markw" already suggested above, this is a good idea to double check.

3) Force removal (make sure to only do it to your recycle bin folder and there's nothing else in there you want to keep)
    If all else fails, Launch Terminal, which is located in Applications > Utilities, and type the following command: sudo rm -rf ~/.Trash/

I intend eventually to put music creation software on Mac desktop and photo manipulation artRage/ adobe etc on a 16Gb Macbook.
    I'll do a disk repair then
    but short term...
    Reinstalled artRage and alls well Just got to learn its functions
    oh and find some talent
    thanks for your help guys and girls