ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: importing layers

Question importing layers

I am trying to start a new painting from a flattened PSD that I have imported. The knife tool blends this layer as I would expect, but the oil brush tool acts as if it is on a fresh empty layer, the colors not blending with what is already there. Is there a way to make the layer "wet" or something so that the oil brushes will react better with it?

Quote Originally Posted by werezoo View Post
    I am trying to start a new painting from a flattened PSD that I have imported. The knife tool blends this layer as I would expect, but the oil brush tool acts as if it is on a fresh empty layer, the colors not blending with what is already there. Is there a way to make the layer "wet" or something so that the oil brushes will react better with it?
    Hi Werezoo,

There is a way, but it's a workaround. I've created a tutorial explaining how increase and decrease the wetness (or amount of) paint, which can you watch here:

Video Page Link: https://youtu.be/x3Dmjlg8xe0?list=PL...NFCdOHRwnFcz3Z

Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Thumbs up

Thanks Someonesane, Nice workaround! I bend Photoshop to my will all day, but am still learning the tasty tricks of art rage. Hopefully one day I'll get to share some of the results. Thanks again!

Lynda.com author, Digital Tutors instructor
    Fantastic.

ArtRage4.5.9 MACPRO (El Capitan), Wacom Cintiq 13HD, iPad3, Note 4, Wacom Intous & Nomad Brush Compose.
    ArtRage Courses: Intro to AR, Materials in AR, Portraits in AR (http://tinyurl.com/j6cyvwx)

Quote Originally Posted by werezoo View Post
    Thanks Someonesane, Nice workaround! I bend Photoshop to my will all day, but am still learning the tasty tricks of art rage. Hopefully one day I'll get to share some of the results. Thanks again!
    No problem! Happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Osaka View Post
    Fantastic.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.