ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Saving files

Question Saving files

This is a ridiculous question, but where in heck is "SAVE FILE"?

I've spent an embarrassing amount of time searching through every menu. Either I'm losing my mind and you'll show me the most obvious thing ever, or it's really really well hidden.

Also, is there any kind of manual specifically for Artrage Touch that would answer this question?
    I've already paid for this version, I knew it would be good since I already have it for Mac.

Dose the AR Touch version not have the usual; File > 'Save Painting', 'Save Painting As…' or indeed 'Export Image File…' options?
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Unhappy nope

No, it's the "app" version, so there is no bar at the top like on a mac or PC, with any file options.

On the iphone app, which I also have, there is a little folder with an arrow, which saves the file.
    There is no such icon on the windows touch app version. There is a folder with 2 dots on it, but that's samples.

All the icons are:

Settings (only brush settings)
    Brush size
    undo/redo
    hide icons
    layers (many layer options; none of them are save)
    import image (no options within that for export)
    samples (colors)
    eyedropper.

And that's it. Unless I'm supposed to press and hold something? Or use 2 fingers somewhere? Nothin' - no save option.

ArtRage Touch uses the Windows 'App Bar' system so if you swipe down from the top of the screen you'll get options for save and export, along with recent files and a gallery link.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Thanks

Thanks.
    Obviously I'm a new windows app user; I did the little 'how to use windows 8' tutorial, but didn't see anything about swiping down in it, just what happens when I swipe in from right or left. Anyway, like I said, some sort of guide would be helpful, but thanks for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve C View Post
    Thanks.
    Obviously I'm a new windows app user; I did the little 'how to use windows 8' tutorial, but didn't see anything about swiping down in it, just what happens when I swipe in from right or left. Anyway, like I said, some sort of guide would be helpful, but thanks for the quick reply.
    Yeah, unfortunately we're constrained by the existing Windows 8 interface. It's not really ArtRage specific, so it should work the same across the rest of your apps (you can right click instead of swiping down on the desktop as well).

I might look into making a guide, but generally, most of the people using the app are already very familiar with Windows Modern.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hi Steve C

You might find the following page of some use:-
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...round-tutorial
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)