ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Found out it was Mucha

Found out it was Mucha

I saw a line drawing in a colouring book, and tried it out (pretty poorly) with AR4. With the help of Steve I managed to make it more pleasant, and found it out that it is one of Mucha's piece - "Fruit"... but as this information came a bit late as i was already almost done with. So here is my "colored vision" of it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Girl with fruits.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	184.1 KB 
ID:	84875
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810

The info came late that this was a Mucha because you would have tried painting it in his airbrush and line style?

Well I don't see it as late. Her fruits look perfectly ripe to me in a very turn-of-the-century full-figured way. Very classical and quite beautiful. You managed a very nice essence in this.

There's a whole sub-genre of illustration out here they call orange crate label art (actually I don't know exactly whether it has a name more than "orange crate art", but it was what farmers put on their crates that they shipped their produce to market in. And they often had beautiful, smiling, modest ladies holding up a basket of oranges or whatever they were producing on that farm. And this painting has the potential for that kind of use. Being classical this image would likely be more European, whereas out here in California the ladies were often Native American (Indian), or Mexican or Latina of some kind (all of it giving it a slightly exotic, local history kind of value as an icon of their farms). But they were most alluring, joyful and HEALTHY.

So well done on this one. I love Muscha's work and love to see others finding interest in it. It's a great look.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you D Akey. No, I would not have done it in Mucha's way, but I just caught myself down a bit, because of the feeling that I'm trying on someone else's masterpiece, and after that it was hard to focus on my own vision of the outcome. I live in a city that is dominated by Art Noveau style architecture, and was always fascinated by its graphics... so I feel ashamed that I did not know about Mucha. ..but all to it's best: i have something new to study!
    I'm the happiest man in the world. I just don't know this, yet.

my gallery: http://members.artrage.com/gallery/32810