ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Time to start with cards ...

Smile Time to start with cards ...

Xmas is approaching with all joyful mood and positive messages of love and peace. Time to hope and get born again among holly, mistletoes, ornaments, colorful trees and nativity scenes ... I always like to remind the core of that day to be in the family and in a precise event talking to our heart, feelings, sentiments, mind and life about what is possibly the true sense of our existence and trip towards happiness: trying to become a blessing for other people around us first as much as we can.
    I'm not too satisfied with this imaginary, no reference, less than three hours effort, but I think it would convey the message and my best wishes just the same ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Auguri 2014.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	480.9 KB 
ID:	84601  
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Very mythological in the idea that God would likely choose to grace one of his perfected creations to bear his child. She looks like one of Bougerreau's maidens of fertility and beauty in certain respects. It's interesting to combine an allure with a figure that has for such a long time been cast in a uniquely chaste role. Hollywood also walked a fine line in this area of how attractive to make Mary appear. It's a nice painting, particularly of Mary, Caesar. Merry Christmas to you as well!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Such a beautiful painting Caesar, wishing you and all your family a very Merry Christmas and lots of joy, hope to back home for Christmas myself but Mother-in law has stopped eating and very frail, so not sure when we will be back, so back to Canada tomorrow, but we do have a new puppy to enjoy and he is so funny and a very good dog, 11 months old
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0393.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	283.2 KB 
ID:	84602  

A beautiful post card, and so original (particular)!!!!
    Regards from Chile
    "El arte no reproduce lo visible. Lo hace visible" Paul Klee

Lovely painting Dear Cesare, what a tender and evocative moment, reminds me a bit of those gorgeous russian icons. Looking to see a presepe from you too starring your Dear mouse too Ciau ne and forza Juve and Toro
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

A beautiful painting Caesar. She is indeed good looking lady and that gorgeous smiling child! Most depictions have him looking a bit serious, but not yours! Merry Christmas to you. xxx

A lovely depiction of Mother and Child Caesar. Sadly we have moved away from the celebration of the birth of Jesus to the celebration of seasonal spending at the big stores. Whatever our beliefs it is commemorating the birthday of a man whose name has continued down thru the ages.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

Very nice Caesar.....Wonderful card to begin the Christmas holiday and celebrations with, and with that I like to offer my best wishes of a Merry Christmas to you and yours as well....

Dear D Akey, first i wonder how did you guess I had a Bouguereau backstage idea as for the style, unfortunately not his mastery and not even references and time to try to get even close to his marvellous paintings.
    Yo are also right, for sure, to point out that the christian traditional "mythology", even if stemming out from the Jewish religious beliefs as an accomplishing of Gods' promises, integrated other kind of exterior elements, dates and signs from ancestral beliefs, such as the Greek-Roman semi-gods genesis or the Sol Invictus, the cult of Mithra and other form of Middle East religious wisdom and faith, even older than the Bible itself insofar they showed to be somehow consistent with the core and final revelation. This is, for Christians, not just in books or moral laws, it's the complete redemption Jesus birth, life, death and resurrection eventually offered to anyone. Therefore, notwithstanding all contaminations, there are too many prophetic coincidences, anomalies, novelties, consequences, events and paradoxes in that "announcement", that I find absolutely unlikely that, however used or abused, as anything else, also for other purposes, it could be figured out by anyone wishing to get an ideological power and control on masses. I wouldn't say so in other cases. Anyway. I didn't mean to depict a religious scene though, but what could be seen to be the highest and purest form of human love and to extend ideally, as wish, this kind of unconditioned love and joyful, peaceful, sharing, generous attitude as the driver we may all have towards other people, irrespective of different opinions and beliefs. May this be again Christmas' main message and scope, rather than to buy and sell "happiness" by commodities ... This is my heartfelt wish to us all and thank You for Your, as usual, extraordinary comment and encouraging words and wishes, my friend!

Thank You, dear Pat! God bless You for all You do for Your mother-in-law who certainly loves to be visited so frequently by You two youngsters. I realize though that season makes it tough to get in Canada and wish You all the best for a safe trip and stay, hoping full winter will shower later on and after You leave. Congrats for Your lovely new puppy! It will certainly bring You more joy! Consider her mastery also on this object, You may possibly ask Robyn to portray it!

Thank You, dear Damaso! It's not that weird for us to see Christmas also as the special relationship between a mother and a child as reflected in Mary and Jesus in the latter's birth. Our national veneration for Mary and for motherhood all over the centuries is quite renowned and depicted ...

Good idea, dear Andrea! in the past I set up some presepe, the last one in a sort of Thun statuettes style, but one with the mouse would be exceptional, if I may find a brilliant way to device it! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Robyn! Actually we have plenty of Madonna con Bambino (Mary and Child) paintings all over Italy and outside ut still painted by our ancient masters with any kind of expression and style, so it was pretty hard for me to think to a less conventional and somehow more modern composition although still along the tradition. Enjoy Your holidays and all the best to You and Your family!

I may susbscibe all that You said, dear Enug, as I also observed in my thankful reply to D Akey hereabove. I wouldn't be sad though, after all, rather hopeful until there will be somehone who will remeber and joyful live the genuine spirit of Christmas made on love, peace and reconciliation, on Earth and in Heaven ...

I would triple back Your kind wishes, dear Steve, sending them to You, Your family and for a continuous good health and prosperity to You all. Thank You!
    Last edited by Caesar; 12-05-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!