ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Challenge to Paint a Horse.

Challenge to Paint a Horse.

A challenge in the Facebook Australian Equine Artist Network to paint a stallion, photo taken by Ainslee Gilles.

Great fun!

Attachment 84328

You are so good at these Robyn. Great sense of movement and and glossy coat. Just wonderful!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

In my opinion You already won ... I don't know who may dare to enter such a contest against You ... eh, eh
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you you two! You're so good for my soul! xx

I thank You instead, dear Robyn, for sharing Your fantastic artpieces ... and for giving me the right idea to populate my last landscape ... as You probably already discovered. LOL

OK OK Caesar Where's the Girls you promised would be here I've a good mind to give you a right Kicking POZDRAWSKI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Black  Beauty        Finn.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	84333  

Dear ATPlus, You're on the wrong thread here. Here's Robbie's place and my autumn landscape is on my relevant thread, of course.

What a powerful image Robyn!... and done with a deceptive simplicity ( background ) that really lets the main horse image stand out. the accuracy of the anatomy is spot on ( we expect no less from you of course ) but as a colorist I really am drawn to two aspects. The teal green of the background and the reddish brown coat create a subtle energy and push the horse to the forground but you use of black for the mane anchors the horse into the background so you have achieve a very dynamic painting with a minimal amount of fuss... all of which I find most impressive of all..

Hello Robyn...."Challenge"...It weren't a bit of trouble as I can see....Love the captured movement, flow and power of this magnificent stallion! Emailed this one and 'earlier Arab horse' painting to my daughter....She loves them!
    Nicely done....
    Steve

@ Copespeak: Really sleek. Gorgeous and rich color. Good anatomy. Hope you do well in the competition. Playing to your strong suit it would appear. You and animals. . .

@ Mr Ploos: Nice caricature of Caesar. A stallion in search of a nice centaur girl. . . or two or three. . . Love the look in his eye, hahaha.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream