ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Valentina's eyes (sketch)

Valentina's eyes (sketch)

I tried to fix in a very quick Velentina Arrighetti's tiger eyes (and character as well when she aggressively strikes a quick smash). She's actually one of the wonderful girls of our national volleyball team. A tribute to all our fantastic and charming players. Our team is one of the two seeds with Brazil for the final phase of the world championship (6 teams left to win the cup). Forza azzurre! Forza ragazze!

Likeness is good enough, but I'll have to improve very much to express her feline mesmerizing look when she playes and bites the ball!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Valentina Arrighetti's eyes.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	193.0 KB 
ID:	83528  
    Last edited by Caesar; 10-09-2014 at 04:01 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Dear Caesar....'Middle blocker, strong girl'....Really like how you elongated the painting...'volleyball player, tall girl,...Good one! Well done or should I say well played?
    Take care...
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 10-09-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Haha you captured her very well. Go Italy go!

Name:  Valentina-Arrighetti.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  49.1 KB
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

... and I've just seen our volley team gals smash US national team 3 sets to 0! Last time 3-1 to China. They proceed better and better! Russia will be next! They look so beautiful too me! Forza ragazze, forza Italia!

Thank You, dear Andrea and Steve (sorry for You my friend).

I've seen eyes like that before and they're mesmerizing to look at -- like a vortex to be pulled into. Nice one. . . I mean two. You really got the essence.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Right, dear D Akey ... and the smiling picture doesn't show how her eyes become liquid, deadly aggressive and apparently emotionless when she's just successfully smashing a fast strike! Unconventional features, but a real beauty in a way (and let the shoulders and in particular her prominent deltoid muscles shape)!

My apologies, Cesare. I've been posting after you are finishing your replies.
    I've been busy with working on the exterior of my house and haven't been able to post much.
    She is a stunning beauty I see from Andrea's photo, and your caricature is always spot on.
    Again, great work dear man!

Thank You, dear Sandra! Unfortunately only a brass medal is affordable now after we lost fighting against a perfect China we already beated 3-0 in the semi-final ...
    USA and China will meet for the gold and silver medal.

I saw the match yesterday, unfortunately Valentina wasn't at her best. Let hope for today's match though. FORZA RAGAZZE. It's good to watch some real sport because nowadays football is reduced to a circus...
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Dear Andrea, they didn't succeed to play full throttle and almost perfectly all over the tournement, alas, but they are winners the same and still have the beauty and poetry of ancient olympic champions in our nation's eyes, a bunch of girls we may be absolutely proud of and got in love with. Moreover we may rejoice that both the gold and silver teams, i.e. USA and China, were neatly beated when the Italian team was at its acme and that since 1998 or so we never ended up worse than the 5th place in any whatsoever women volleyball world contest. So the best has still to come ... again after 2002.