ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Pencil cursor outline ?

Pencil cursor outline ?

Hi,

i have a problem with the pencil cursor display using AR 4.5.2 and 4.0.6
    On every other tool than pencil, there is a outline circle to display the size of the tool when using the approbiate cursor display mode - except for the pencil. And yes, i use the right cursor display mode (Shortcut 2 by default). I played around with precise cursor on/off, but same issue, toggled the cursor display modes a dozen times in the preferences menu and via shortcuts. Mode '1' (Crosshair) and '2' (outline) displaying the same crosshair cursor, even at maximum size and some zooming. No success - no outline.

Is it a feature or a bug ?

Donami.

Feature!

It's because the pencil tool is so small. If you shrink another tool (e.g. Oil brush) down to 1% (or higher, depending on your zoom), it will also switch to the precise cursor. If you were using the outline cursor, you'd just have a tiny circle 'blob' that prevented you from seeing where you were drawing.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

Hmm...

I thought so, but... if i enlarge the pencil to 500% it is quite large. And the outline cursors are zoom-sensitive: when using some higher zoom level and such a large pencil it should be an outline, not a precise crosshair - IMHO. But the pencil is never outlined, even when the strokes are very large. IMHO it should be outlined from some level of size just to have a hint of it's size.

Donami

The cursor display is based on the tool size at 100%, and the pencil tool is still smaller than size limit for switching over to the other cursor type. The larger sizes used to be somewhat unofficial, as many devices could not support them due to the increased memory usage, so we never saw the need to implement an extra cursor change.

This may change in the future, or it may not, but we'll probably look at it again in future updates.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!