ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Wacom Fineline connected, but not lined up.

Wacom Fineline connected, but not lined up.

Hi,

I have the Bamboo Fineliner and the pressure sensitivity works great, it doesn't get dark unless I really push.

But the pen doesn't line up at all. It's at least two millimeters to the right or left depending on how I hold the pen. The only time when it's straight is when I hold the stylus perpendicular to the iPad... that's not how anyone draws.

As an example, I drew a blob, and then outlined it. You can see it's quite a difference.
    Why is there no configuration for the stylus?

Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	83223

The Fineline is basically like a finger - Position data is passed to us the same way it is when you're using a non stylus, the only non standard data we get is pressure data. The offset appears to be something caused by the physical nature of the stylus and we have been told that Wacom suggest holding the stylus close to perpendicular to correct the problem.

I believe there may be additional processing the application could implement to try and correct the offset problem in the stylus coordinates and we will be looking in to that in our next major update in case there is anything we can do to assist with the offset issue.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Quick update: The solution to the offset was relatively straightforward to apply internally. We're just testing an update and if that works out we will be uploading it soon.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Wow thank you for the quick reply AND quick resolution. I was worried that it was more of a Wacom limitation and that nothing could be done.

I think in the future they need to add a gyro of sorts so you can turn your stylus but still have the same offset. As it stands with the Bamboo Paper app, once you register the pen, you have to keep it at the same angle while you're drawing or it goes way off.

I can't wait to try your solution! Thank you!

Is that happened related with direction of iPad ?

I buy the same fineline pen today.
    I note pen offset will not happen if the iPad is in the transverse direction.
    But if I rotated the iPad 90 degree, different degree of pen offset will occur.