ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tectonic Drift

Tectonic Drift

with all the recent earthquakes in California and some small ones in Oregon, and of course Iceland... had to do this colorized due to pressure points.. and large plate movements..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tectonic Drift.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	518.1 KB 
ID:	82732  

Hi Gary....I' am feeling increased pressures here as well, as long as the big pieces aren't fitting to tightly togather.....may be alright a bit longer?
    Nicely done friend,
    Steve

Amazing textures!

Truly a scence of pressure points.

Gary, I am in a drift with this painting, well done, great colors and shows motion

Super tense and dynamic! When geology gets this tense, look the heck out -- our cages are going to get rattled bigtime -- in theory anyway. Hopefully it won't get any worse than it's been.

Hopefully in reality it's not quite this bad, like looking at the Ebola virus under a microscope. Yikes!

Really super painting, Gary! If you were after dynamics, you so nailed it.

I was looking at a NOVA that I just tripped over while surfing YouTube about the Tsunami -- the really bad one in 2004 that hit Sri Lanka and Thailand and Malaysia etc., and being the science show that it is, they had an illustration of the way the subduction and spring-back of the plates under the sea that caused it. And this reminds me of that level of tension, only more compressed, perhaps creating a rock melting pressure cooker.

Well, if you're into geology gone wild, as you are, another one I was watching was about how the magnetic charge that the Earth generates is disappearing and potential ramifications about that, poles shifting, losing the protection generated by it from the elements in the universe -- what Venus and Mars don't have if I heard right. And we're overdue. You're going to become the Irwin Allen of ArtRage.

My only question is when you were spelunking on your way on your Journey to the center of the Earth, how did you get ol' Vulcan to hold still for a portrait?

This is a really cool abstract!
    Last edited by D Akey; 09-02-2014 at 03:44 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hi Gary....I' am feeling increased pressures here as well, as long as the big pieces aren't fitting to tightly togather.....may be alright a bit longer?
    Nicely done friend,
    Steve
    Yes we have a bit of time although you may want to move inland a bit

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    Truly a scence of pressure points.
    thanks Marilyn nice to have you back and stopping by to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by pat1940 View Post
    Gary, I am in a drift with this painting, well done, great colors and shows motion
    thanks Pat, happy you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Super tense and dynamic! When geology gets this tense, look the heck out -- our cages are going to get rattled bigtime -- in theory anyway. Hopefully it won't get any worse than it's been.

Hopefully in reality it's not quite this bad, like looking at the Ebola virus under a microscope. Yikes!

Really super painting, Gary! If you were after dynamics, you so nailed it.

I was looking at a NOVA that I just tripped over while surfing YouTube about the Tsunami -- the really bad one in 2004 that hit Sri Lanka and Thailand and Malaysia etc., and being the science show that it is, they had an illustration of the way the subduction and spring-back of the plates under the sea that caused it. And this reminds me of that level of tension, only more compressed, perhaps creating a rock melting pressure cooker.

Well, if you're into geology gone wild, as you are, another one I was watching was about how the magnetic charge that the Earth generates is disappearing and potential ramifications about that, poles shifting, losing the protection generated by it from the elements in the universe -- what Venus and Mars don't have if I heard right. And we're overdue. You're going to become the Irwin Allen of ArtRage.

My only question is when you were spelunking on your way on your Journey to the center of the Earth, how did you get ol' Vulcan to hold still for a portrait?

This is a really cool abstract!
    Thanks D Akey, originally it was fully colored and then I wanted a more primal volcanic rough rock texture so I copied the whole thing to a new layer and desaturated it by adjusting all the colors to create a B&W and then used a soft brush and mask (Photoshop) to bring back in the color as I felt the color was caused by compression and tension within.... so I am pleased that you found it interesting as well.

Hi Dear Gary, the lines represent very well the pressure of the land masses, hope you won't ever paint the BIG ONE though Cheers
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Gary, your painting illustrates your subject so well, and I do like that desaturation with the colours flashing and moving. Excellent!