ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Charcoal? Better Pastel? Shader?

Charcoal? Better Pastel? Shader?

I'm sure this has been talked about before but I haven't visited the forum for a long time. I just updated to the latest version and saw glitter and a "gloop" pen. The stickers are still there. I know there's a pastel stick but it doesn't behave as realistically as the oil paint does, and the hard vs soft doesn't yield much difference. Soft pastels are supposed to produce some dust, hard ones should make thick waxy marks. That's not what I'm seeing. Plus....where o where is the charcoal?? graphite? conte? The only pencil is very limited in line width. I'd love a way to do some wide pencil shading.
    ArtRage is known for being a serious art app. There's plenty of silly painting software for "non" artists and kids. Why does AR have stickers and glitter and "gloop"
    I love AR for its oil paint...the best,most realistic around. You could apply that same "wow" factor to drawing media. I'm baffled why it doesn't already exist. Maybe a more experienced user/member could explain. There are two iOS apps that do charcoal and shading well: Art Set and Procreate. AR for Mac should trump them all.

Quote Originally Posted by robfuzz View Post
    I'm sure this has been talked about before but I haven't visited the forum for a long time. I just updated to the latest version and saw glitter and a "gloop" pen. The stickers are still there. I know there's a pastel stick but it doesn't behave as realistically as the oil paint does, and the hard vs soft doesn't yield much difference. Soft pastels are supposed to produce some dust, hard ones should make thick waxy marks. That's not what I'm seeing. Plus....where o where is the charcoal?? graphite? conte? The only pencil is very limited in line width. I'd love a way to do some wide pencil shading.
    ArtRage is known for being a serious art app. There's plenty of silly painting software for "non" artists and kids. Why does AR have stickers and glitter and "gloop"
    I love AR for its oil paint...the best,most realistic around. You could apply that same "wow" factor to drawing media. I'm baffled why it doesn't already exist. Maybe a more experienced user/member could explain. There are two iOS apps that do charcoal and shading well: Art Set and Procreate. AR for Mac should trump them all.
    I have wondered where charcoal, conte, and a good shading pencil are my self. As far as the sticker system goes its very useful as it is the same thing as using custom brushes in photoshop. The gloop pen is also nice for people doing concept art or pen and ink. The glitter tube.... well I dont know on that one lol, I think it has potential to be a great texturing tool. It just needs some improvement and a new name to be taken seriously.

You might like to have a look at these threads:

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...84-BW-Line-Art
    and
    http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...my-pencil-work

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but they just might help.

Quote Originally Posted by hildee View Post
    You might like to have a look at these threads:

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...84-BW-Line-Art
    and
    http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...my-pencil-work

Not sure if it's what you're looking for but they just might help.
    hildee!

Thank you for suggesting those threads -- it gave me the kickstart to fetch my first ever packs!