ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Help with Intuos pen and touch

Question Help with Intuos pen and touch

I'm using an Intuos pen and touch with ArtRage 4, the full version. I'm running windows 7 x64 bit.

I have a problem. Recently, when I open up ArtRage, the pen is acting irratically. The pen starts drawing before it ever touches the pad. I am unable to perform any "click" functions with the pen. When I mouse over the panels, to change a tool or the like, the panel hides from view and is unclickable. I've reinstalled my tablet drivers, and am running factory settings ArtRage 4. Please help.

-Autibunny

Hello Antibunny and welcome to the AR forums.
    Sorry to hear you were unable to get off to a flying start with AR
    I don't have the Windows version, so must admit this is just my best guess at your problem. As I understand it Windows can use 3 forms of devise input data, which sadly can conflict with each other at times, giving strange results.
    Page 107 in the Manual has more info on this which may be of help to you.
    Otherwise I'm sure a Windows expert will be along shortly to help...
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Fixed: Stylus

Fixed it. I found the problem. As stupid as this sounds, my little brother broke the pen nib while playing around with it...and attempted to replace it with weedwhacker wire. The wire was pressing on the sensor inside of the pen that told it "I'm writing!" I found this after much searching on the internet, and... looking at my pen a little closer. I feel dumb now.

Everything's fixed.