Reading HannahRage's comment in Painting with photos in this thread here: https://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?53516-cloner

Got me thinking as I'm pretty active during the summer in landscape and automotive photography.

I thought I would try her suggestion on a couple of my photos.

To get the thick paint textures, paint underneath the imported image with thick oil paint, and it will show through above as brush strokes. Or you can paint directly into the imported layer with an empty (0% loading) Oil Brush or a palette knife.

A View of Bangor

Chruch steeples dominate the summer skyline of the quaint town of Bangor, Maine USA.

Digital illustration I created using Photoshop CC 2018, Topaz Studio Impression and ArtRage 5.0.

Reference was a digital photo I took in Bangor a few years ago. The distant birds I painted in.

Rural Church in Autumn Colors

A rural church in a peaceful rural setting is surrounded by the colors of autum foliage while over head seagulls are in flight

A digital illustration I created on my computer using my Wacom Intous tablet, Photoshop CC 2018, Topaz Studio Impression and ArtRage 5.0.

I used a very old 35mm photo I took many years ago and scanned it into my computer with my Epson photo scanner.