Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron's ArtRage Explorations

Byron's ArtRage Explorations

NOTE: PLEASE JUMP TO THE END OF THE THREAD FOR THE LATEST POSTS.

Edit: February 11, 2020. Just popping in after another long absence, just to say hello. I see there is a new AR6; Hope to give it a go soon. Best to all of you throughout 2020.

Edit: January 1, 2017 Hello friends. I've been away for a while, taking care of the this and that of life. I have missed everyone and am popping in to say hello. I hope to be back here again engaged with all of you soon. In the meantime, I wish everyone well in the new year.

Edit: July 4, 2013: I've decided to continue posting my paintings in this thread, mostly devoted to my abstract paintings developed exclusively in ArtRage. Meanwhile, I was asked to prepare an article, a brief history of abstract art, for the June 2013 Issue of the ArtRageous Online Magazine. It can be reviewed at this link [ edit: the link is no longer good: Feb 2017 ]. I hope you enjoy perusing these abstract explorations throughout the thread, as well as the article. Comments and exchange are always welcome in the spirit of this delightful ArtRage community. Thanks a lot for dropping by and commenting. All thoughts, views, questions, and exchange are welcome. But mostly, I hope you enjoy reviewing the work. [/COLOR]

Edit: February 21, 2013: I had the good fortune to participate in the recent AR4 beta. Of course in Betas you just try all kinds of stuff trying to find what isn't working like it should. Now that the program is released we can post our exercises and finished paintings.

When testing to see what is broken you try wild things. Over the next few weeks I'll post different stuff from the beta as well as new efforts. A lot of things from the beta will just be exercises exploring what new tools or enhanced old ones can do. So a lot of posts won't be finished paintings and may simply be wild doodles. But many of the doodles produced interesting results. So I figured what the heck, I'll just post a bunch of it for fun. I hope some of them are worth a peek, both from the beta doodles, and of course the ongoing new works.

I LOVE the new AR4. Really elegant, terrific speed improvements, some wonderful new tools, and great enhancements to several old ones, an engaging and efficient alternate "workbench" interface while retaining the old interface (they integrate well together) and just general, all around, great touches that thoroughly elevate the program. I hope you'll jump to the end of the thread and start to pick up on some of the new entries. [/COLOR]

Edit: August 26, 2012:
    This thread started as a collection of my Artrage paintings made while testing the AR3 beta in 2009. It seems to have grown organically. I continue to upload most of my AR3 (now AR3.5) paintings to the thread. I hope you find paintings you enjoy. Comments and feedback are appreciated. Thanks to everyone for your warm engagements for nearly three years.

November 30, 2009
    Hi everyone.
    I posted few paintings over the last few months while a beta tester for AR3. Because of the many new tools, we were asked to not reveal them early by posting paintings that would give them away. Now we can post paintings created in the beta. It's exciting seeing the wonderful work other artists are creating with this terrific new version of Artrage. It's such a fine program.

I will be posting more paintings and tutorials over the next couple of weeks in this thread. The first five images below [edit: there are now over 100 images plus tutorials in the thread] in this post are experiments trying out new AR3 tools. AR3 seems a dream program, everything and more that many of us have hoped for. I believe you'll agree it was worth the wait.

Most of my paintings are designed to be blown up full screen and seen from a distance. It helps built-in visual effects come properly into focus.

All paintings are 100% AR3 tools. No filters or any other programs are used.
    EDIT, NOW AR4 TOOLS AS OF Feb 2013

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	glooparama-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	639 
Size:	432.9 KB 
ID:	36460   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ink, Stickers, Gloop & Stuff-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	452.7 KB 
ID:	36462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	as071 fluffer 1 painting example-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	468.1 KB 
ID:	36463   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AS62 Heavenly Gifts-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	464.4 KB 
ID:	36464   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	folige chunk r-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	616 
Size:	458.3 KB 
ID:	36465  

Last edited by byroncallas; 02-11-2020 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Updates
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

It's worth wait by seeing these. Awesome. I espescially like the first one you did. Have that 3D feel.

Quote Originally Posted by byroncallas View Post
    Most of my paintings are designed to be blown up full screen and seen from a distance. It makes built in special visual effects come properly into focus.
    This is exactly what I like to do and view these. Just amazing and see those effects came out.
    Last edited by pai; 12-01-2009 at 03:05 PM.

I also love the 3rd one. Those woolen strings. Great creations.

Pai, thank you. Here are five more:

Name:	6b-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	534 
Size:	464.3 KB 
ID:	36468   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	InkPenCityNew-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	549 
Size:	463.0 KB 
ID:	36469   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gloop multi color d-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	458.4 KB 
ID:	36470   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gloop pen AR Upload.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	402.7 KB 
ID:	36471   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	on close inspection-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	543 
Size:	461.6 KB 
ID:	36472  

Wow, it looks like a party. The bright colors brings on the emotion of happiness. Great job!
    Browse my gift store.
    http://www.zazzle.com/evart_production

Would you like to learn more about how to
    start your own online store? Click the link below.
    http://www.zazzle.com/sell

The second in this set is beautiful. The abstract sky and board view of cityscapes. And, the first one using those metalic paints like looking the top of each high-rises in an urban city.....wooohoo.

Did you use high scale to create these....looks so sharp on evey piece? Or is the new effect from AR3?? Did you use layers? If yes, then the blending is cool. If no, even great in one layer to see the color blend together so smooth..
    Last edited by pai; 12-01-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Love the abstract paintings Byron! Looks like you've been having a helluva time with AR3.

• Thanks so much Evart. That's a beautiful thing to say.
    • And Pai, thanks for your enthusiasm. Very much appreciated. Wait until you see some of the incredible works some of the other beta testers have been creating. I bow to them, no kidding.
    • Jester, yes, it's been a totally fun and invigorating learning experience.

Here are a few more:

Name:	AS070 Someonesane-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	461.5 KB 
ID:	36475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	globe1 example1-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	464.6 KB 
ID:	36476   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Globe & Maze-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	541 
Size:	424.2 KB 
ID:	36477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gloop1 Examples Painting-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	456.3 KB 
ID:	36478   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wild Abstract1 WIP-ARUP.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	468.4 KB 
ID:	36479  

Hey Man, you know I love your Abstractions. Each one a color heaven. ^Up^ ^Up^
    Susan Murtaugh satisfied user (ArtRage)
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/suzi54241/

*steals all the shinies*