Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoann Lori - Caricatures and else

@stevemawmv : Thanks a lot ! The finished piece should be posted in a few days.

@silvy : Thank you very much !

Looks like I can now post links ! So here is the video of the making of Sean Bean I was Talking about.

You can also check my previous work here : http://yoannlori.blogspot.fr/

or even here : https://www.facebook.com/YoannLoriIllustrations

and even send me a friend request if you like : https://www.facebook.com/yoann.lori1

ps : still didn't find how to add my signature to my posts.

Magnifique!

Have you tried Artrage for your color work? Or have you recently come over to using ArtRage? They're brilliant renderings, as well as sharp caricatures.

You have a really good eye for painting very smooth final renderings.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

@kenmo : Thanks a lot. Glad you enjoyed it !

@D Akey : Thanks ! My previous works were done using photoshop. Some were done in 5 hours (mostly for weekly contests) when others took 17 hours to complete. I bought ArtRage a while ago but never had the time to try it as I did recently. I didn't try color yet but the next caricature(not the WIP one) will probably use some and will be done in ArtRage. I will try to use only this software for my personnal work from now on.

The video is great. Thanks for sharing it. You sure have an assured, direct hand. Lots to learn spending time seeing how you pull this together. Wonderful.
    S
    PS: You can add a sig in the "edit signature" section by selecting "Forum Actions" above. Go "Forum Actions/Edit Profile/Edit Signature". That should do it for you.
    Last edited by byroncallas; 05-21-2014 at 04:50 AM.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

You're very talented, I'd like to see non caricature portrait too with that technique of yours
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Also Your second in-progress caricature is already a real marvel. Your talent and set-up methodology and skills are absolutely top class ones. Thank You for sharing such examples which would represent to me an achievement asymptote and would keep me engaged a millennium only to get vaguely close.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

@byroncallas : Thanks ! Four hours condensed in a 6 mn video, it sure looks like I have an assured hand ... but I make mistakes and I can assure you that I used the eraser more than once in the caricature of Kevin Spacey which is in fact the third version I draw of him. Thanks for the advice concerning the signature but This option didn't show up on my profile until today. I guess new members have to wait one week before having access to complete features.

@AndreaMG : Thanks a lot ! I did in fact some portraits (not in ArtRage) but they were done only for family. I mostly enjoy drawing caricatures !

@Caesar : Now that's a compliment ! Thanks you so much ! I consider myself as average when I see other's work like Sebastian Kruger, Jaison Seiler and many more but it brings me motivation and I always try to do better with the next piece !

Here is the final version of Kevin Spacey. I also recorded the process on this one so I'll make a video out of it as soon as I have time.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kevin_Spacey_D06_1200.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	197.1 KB 
ID:	81070

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful and thanks for sharing you video