Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Yoann Lori - Caricatures and else

Quote Originally Posted by YoannLori View Post
    Thanks a lot for forgiving me and for your very kind comment Caesar !

The paper size is 42 x 29,7 cm or 16,53 X 11,69 inches. It took 17 hours to complete this drawing.
    Thank You, dear Yoann! Practically a standard A3, isn't it?
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Wonderful work.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Yoann, it is wonderful to see you back here, I love your art work, it is so beautiful and what a fantastic drawing, I admire your talent so much

Yeah. Spectacular stuff. Interesting that you've gone for a pencil style. Looks like it would make for a very cool children's book technique. You certainly amplified the expression just enough but not too exaggerated. Very nice subtlety.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yoann the portrait of your nephew is really nice. I especially like the hair. And Caesar is right to point out how beautifully you used hatching to shade the face.

Such talent!
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

That's exactly it Caesar !

byroncallas : thank you very much :

pat1940 : thanks a lot for such a nice comment !

D Akey : not sure if your talking about the traditional portrait or the digital caricature but thanks !!!

jmac : Thank you so much ! The crosshatch work may look nice but is very time consuming !

Enug : Thanks a lot !

Quote Originally Posted by YoannLori View Post
    D Akey : not sure if your talking about the traditional portrait or the digital caricature but thanks !!!
    Talking about the pic of your nephew. All the hatching looks like colored pencil had it been done in traditional pencil -- at least to my eye. But my comment was more what you did with the expression and the overall effect being a good way to create a character with a jubilant personality for a children's series, though if you didn't see it, I suppose it wasn't your first intention in doing it. But just to draw your attention to a quality I saw in it that could well be pursued if it was any interest to you.

"Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Talking about the pic of your nephew. All the hatching looks like colored pencil had it been done in traditional pencil -- at least to my eye. But my comment was more what you did with the expression and the overall effect being a good way to create a character with a jubilant personality for a children's series, though if you didn't see it, I suppose it wasn't your first intention in doing it. But just to draw your attention to a quality I saw in it that could well be pursued if it was any interest to you.

The portrait of my nephew was made with real color pencils on real A3 paper. Don't know if I could get a similar result with ArtRage. Probably with the right settings but I thing it would take even longer than 17 hours to complete. I might try one day.
    About the portrait itself, it is a christmas gift for my sister. I didn't plan to do a whole series out of it. It was a bit complicated to bring my traditionnal stuff at the office and draw this on the corner of my desk. A bit painful I must say and I don't plan to do it again soon... but I might do one of my daughter one day !
    To get his expression I had to mix two pictures in one as he had a kind of smirk on the main reference I wanted to use. I had to find another picture where he had a pretty natural smile. Not always easy to have kids look natural when staring at the camera !

Anyway, here is a closeup of this drawing :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Nephew_closeup.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	477.5 KB 
ID:	89284

Form this zoom it looks like You merged wonderfully tinged shades (sfumato) and hatching (tratteggio) and You apparently used quite few colors. Maybe I'm wrong but a primary yellow, and ochre, an alizarin red, a burnt umber/ sepia and burnt Sienna made the most of the nuances and color tones. Maybe an indigo or a dark blue and a sap green pencils were used too ....
    Actually it's more than a masterpiece, it's a color pencils use amazing tutorial!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!