ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Anyone?

Anyone?

i wonder if anyone can indicate me how to create a illusion of glass without using anything else then artrage?

Hi Rondo. There's all kinds of different glass. So the first thing you would need to do is clarify what you want to do.

Are you talking about a glass of water? A glass window? What's on the other side of it? How distorted is it? Eye glasses? Cut glass? Transparent? Opaque and colored? Stained glass, etc etc. and there's plug-ins that kind of do their versions of a glass effect, though those are in other programs so far as I know and I wouldn't say those would even necessarily do what you want. They do what they do take it or leave it.

Because glass is often transparent, it will pick up what's behind it. There's distortion. There's a shiny surface. There's what kind of light is on it. and so on. And I don't even want to comment on the different styles an artist can use because that runs the gamut as well.

So the best thing for you to do is to find a photograph and copy it exactly. And look at tutorials on YouTube. I'm sure somebody must have done a tutorial on glass.

Good luck!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I used th color I wanted the glass to be, then used the smudge tool set pretty high, pulled the water around until I got the surface I wanted then fooled with the opacity until I got the right results.

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/