ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coloured Graphite - Newy - 25th March

Coloured Graphite - Newy - 25th March

I haven't done any graphite drawings lately, being totally obsessed with AR. This was a practice one of my Dova sleeping ... on not too terrific paper. I scanned it and put it into Art Rage, coloured the grey and then put a sepia wash over it. Now I am quite please with the result.

Attachment 79799.
    Last edited by copespeak; 03-25-2014 at 05:25 PM.

That is well done....I like the sepia effect.

Thanks Jmac, I used to do the graphite on paper and then do a watercolour sepia wash over the top which was quite a nice effect. Doing it this way, I was able to tint the paper and the grey graphite at the same time. Interesting!

Robyn, I love sleeping dogs. is there anything sweeter in the world? this is a great result from your graphite work..and ok course your quite talented hand.. love the effect.. like digital AR can take a fine drawing and move it into something quite extraordinary..

Thank you Gary! I forgot how much I love pencil drawing!

Robyn, what a lovely drawing/painting of a most beautiful dog wonderful, wonderful, wonderful

This is really gorgeous

Beautifully done

Fabulous subject!

Wooooow. . . this is a MASTERPIECE, copespeak!!!!!!! (no kidding) GREAT technique and hand control. I LOVE the rhythm of the lines. Really great. On one hand it reminds me of an engraving or silverpoint or something like that, yet it's done with a pencil which sort of goes naturally contrary to those linear, tight parallel methods owing to the tonal nature and softness of graphite -- at least in the real world. Anyway, I love how you pushed the detail of the fur yet maintained the dominance of the overall structure of the head and doggie bits. It's forceful yet controlled like a tremendous dramatic stage oration. Brava!
    Last edited by D Akey; 03-09-2014 at 04:43 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Robyn, this is fantastic, love it and the sepia, what a great idea