ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Flower & Vase

Flower & Vase

an abstract interior.. after the style of Expressionists..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vase & Flowers.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	505.5 KB 
ID:	79655  

It's fascinating to see how You re-visit the various art styles and movements, dear Gary. Bravo!
    Last edited by Caesar; 03-04-2014 at 05:32 AM.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Yeah, I'm with Caesar on this. It's always a bit of a puzzle, which certainly keeps it from getting dull. My mind races making cross references with various existing art styles. . . not that I'm thoroughly well versed on the various stripes of abstraction per say. There is a lot of abstraction out there all very different from each other, which makes it quite personal yet influenced. That's very normal no matter what the area of art. We get ideas from the world.

And then there are those moments of standing apart from other stuff (sort of) after a personal synthesis happens. Who can anticipate when? But you get a pretty good idea when it has happened.

Anyway, back at this specific painting, I really like it. But I didn't so much at first. But the more I look at it the better I appreciate it and even enjoy it. Perhaps part of the process for me is to get a base line of sorts, to grok what you're doing and then extrapolate lots of possibilities -- whether it has legs if you will. This sure seems to. It feels thick like there's substance to your arriving at this and there would be enough behind it to take you way farther as well.

I relate the gestural nature of your islands and currents of paint somewhat to Motherwell and Kline and Klee, not to mention an aerial down shot, which relates to your other works seeming to look for intriguing new vantage points to paint from, juicing it up with your personal aesthetic interests. And that intrigues me. I'm not a Klee kinda guy. But I can see something behind what it is you're doing. Maybe I never looked at his stuff at length.

I guess since you have spoken of landscapes and coastlines and such (not ignoring as well the table top vase), looking at your work puts me in mind of traveling to foreign places. Nowadays with the world so homogenized, it all seems that going far away is not as new as it was say 100 years ago. And so I've tasted the food before I've even gotten there, the people there are wearing the same clothes as where I'm from, same cars more or less etc.

But I think perhaps abstraction is so individualistic that it does feel different. . . and thus intriguing. And my travel lamentation about it being a little blaze', it took me a moment for that excitement at seeing something new to hit me.
    So well done you and I need to dig out my passport. I'm liking this journey you're on. I'll toss in a "Bravo" and a couple smoke signals.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Always good for us to explore within our selves what else we could do and I like the thought of beauty,flowers painted your way.here in this picture.Thumbs up Gary.:-)

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    It's fascnating to see how You re-visit the various art styles and movements, dear Gary. Bravo!
    thank you very much my friend

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Yeah, I'm with Caesar on this. It's always a bit of a puzzle, which certainly keeps it from getting dull. My mind races making cross references with various existing art styles. . . not that I'm thoroughly well versed on the various stripes of abstraction per say. There is a lot of abstraction out there all very different from each other, which makes it quite personal yet influenced. That's very normal no matter what the area of art. We get ideas from the world.

And then there are those moments of standing apart from other stuff (sort of) after a personal synthesis happens. Who can anticipate when? But you get a pretty good idea when it has happened.

Anyway, back at this specific painting, I really like it. But I didn't so much at first. But the more I look at it the better I appreciate it and even enjoy it. Perhaps part of the process for me is to get a base line of sorts, to grok what you're doing and then extrapolate lots of possibilities -- whether it has legs if you will. This sure seems to. It feels thick like there's substance to your arriving at this and there would be enough behind it to take you way farther as well.

I relate the gestural nature of your islands and currents of paint somewhat to Motherwell and Kline and Klee, not to mention an aerial down shot, which relates to your other works seeming to look for intriguing new vantage points to paint from, juicing it up with your personal aesthetic interests. And that intrigues me. I'm not a Klee kinda guy. But I can see something behind what it is you're doing. Maybe I never looked at his stuff at length.

I guess since you have spoken of landscapes and coastlines and such (not ignoring as well the table top vase), looking at your work puts me in mind of traveling to foreign places. Nowadays with the world so homogenized, it all seems that going far away is not as new as it was say 100 years ago. And so I've tasted the food before I've even gotten there, the people there are wearing the same clothes as where I'm from, same cars more or less etc.

But I think perhaps abstraction is so individualistic that it does feel different. . . and thus intriguing. And my travel lamentation about it being a little blaze', it took me a moment for that excitement at seeing something new to hit me.
    So well done you and I need to dig out my passport. I'm liking this journey you're on. I'll toss in a "Bravo" and a couple smoke signals.
    thanks for taking the time to review this painting , and so well stated.. I always look forward to your analysis and commentary, whether humorous , or quite serious...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
    Rich and visually inviting...another evolving and growing garden Gary....
    thanks dear Sandy so great to have you back among us.

Quote Originally Posted by AT-TA View Post
    Always good for us to explore within our selves what else we could do and I like the thought of beauty,flowers painted your way.here in this picture.Thumbs up Gary.:-)
    Anna thanks, hope you provide us with lots of new work from your great new system..

Nice painting Dear Gary, but where is the red fish? X)

Such fat juicy paint, and I love that vase!

Hey Gary....
    Still snowing? If it is.... your making good time with it stuck inside!
    Thanks for the descriptive title..... you know how I am with seeing things
    that may or not be there.
    Like it!
    Take care,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 03-03-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Nice painting Dear Gary, but where is the red fish? X)
    The Red Fish? must have slipped off that darn table..

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Such fat juicy paint, and I love that vase!
    Robyn.. yes I was having fun with thick wet paint ( digitally atleast ).

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hey Gary....
    Still snowing? If it is.... your making good time with it stuck inside!
    Thanks for the descriptive title..... you know how I am with seeing things
    that may or not be there.
    Like it!
    Take care,
    Steve
    Steve finally stopped snowing, just freezing rain and fog... but heading to warm ( 45 - 50 F ) weather and spring..can't wait until it looks as warm as AT-TA 's painting...