ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: DisIntegration Set 1 AKA Street Carnival

DisIntegration Set 1 AKA Street Carnival

a review of Pointillism, a tedious process , I like the results but not likely to try this again.. I changed the title as Andrea says it is more of a carnival with confetti flying.. that was really the mood I had going but was stuck for the title,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DisIntegration Set 1.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	547.9 KB 
ID:	79518  
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 02-24-2014 at 11:24 AM.

Gary...
    I like it, I'm seeing lots of images in there, don't know if I should be?
    From ducks, snakes, 'not known to me symbols' to a ancient astronaut....
    Glad you used random thingies instead of those tiny dots, makes more
    sense and easier to read the image...
    I think its cool,
    Take care,
    Steve

Really tedious and too mechanical. As a matter of fact I used to prefer the Italian related version of such a style called divisionismo which had, at least, a fre vibration of little brushstrokes thus of light like in the example of Segantini and his alpine landscape and scenes or as used by Aristide Sartorio in his Liberty style inspired paintings.
    Nonetheless You can get marvellous personal paintings from whichever approach You use, dear Gary!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

I like it. It looks like a carnival on a street

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Gary...
    I like it, I'm seeing lots of images in there, don't know if I should be?
    From ducks, snakes, 'not known to me symbols' to a ancient astronaut....
    Glad you used random thingies instead of those tiny dots, makes more
    sense and easier to read the image...
    I think its cool,
    Take care,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve lots of prime symbols creep into my work...

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Really tedious and too mechanical. As a matter of fact I used to prefer the Italian related version of such a style called divisionismo which had, at least, a fre vibration of little brushstrokes thus of light like in the example of Segantini and his alpine landscape and scenes or as used by Aristide Sartorio in his Liberty style inspired paintings.
    Nonetheless You can get marvellous personal paintings from whichever approach You use, dear Gary!
    Thanks Caesar I will check out Aristide Sartorio 's work

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    I like it. It looks like a carnival on a street
    You got it ! I just had to rename this... it really is a carnival with streamers and confettii' flying.

Here's Giovanni Segantini: https://www.google.it/search?q=segan...w=1280&bih=929
    and here's Aristide Sartorio who fell pretty soon into the Liberty/ Nouveau art style, though his somehow national way: https://www.google.it/search?q=segan...torio&tbm=isch
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Here's Giovanni Segantini: https://www.google.it/search?q=segan...w=1280&bih=929
    and here's Aristide Sartorio who fell pretty soon into the Liberty/ Nouveau art style, though his somehow national way: https://www.google.it/search?q=segan...torio&tbm=isch
    Thanks for the links Caesar, I found them quite interesting, especially Aristide Sartorio his use of color is quite fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Very cool....
    Thanks kenmo, been quite a while since I have heard from you, although I took several months off and am just now getting back to it.. hope things are will in your world..

Really works. New Years shredding the old pictures to bring a brand new start. (not suggesting this for anyone, just thinking of my own process)
    Has a paradigm shift feel to a new level. As the pinup artist used to say at the stroke of Midnight on Jan 1, "Out with the old, in with the nude!"

No? Too prosaic for us. "Out with the old, in with the. . . champagne and cheese!" Accurate for a gallery opening, but not quite catchy enough for a slogan. . . Well, like all paradigm shifts, we'll have to just wait and see what is in the offing. It sure is looking good though.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Yep a great carnival feel to this Gary, the wild display of colours and shapes as the tempo increases