ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going Back

Going Back

a time portal into my Mayan/Native American ancestral lands. Or something like that..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Going Back.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	432.8 KB 
ID:	79334  

You're really firing at the moment! Love your colours!

Wow. This would probably get snapped up quick in New Mexico both because of the pattern around the side which feels sort of Native American Pueblo, but it has the colors of the desert as well.

I'm thinking of a lot of different things with this one. Feels wild and free yet contained by tasteful design with that frame or border. And that in itself carries one connotation.

I also like the Abstract Expressionistic juicy center, like biting into a bon bon from a chocolate box. Really does feel like those kinds of super aggressive process paintings like DeKooning and that lot. You nailed the style. The frame effect is a new wrinkle and sets up an interesting tension between them. . . which works nicely, I might add, as if it were a street painting hanging in a fancy, designer Manhattan apartment.

Anyway, it's cool stuff. I can see a number of your former directions coming together in these new offerings after your hiatus. Bravo!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Really has that South Western feel

It does remind me of Native American art and life style. Really like it.

I like this, the colours and shapes

Hello Gary,
    Even If you posted your painting without a description or simply titleless, the Native American theme punches out at you!
    Great job,
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    You're really firing at the moment! Love your colours!
    Robyn, thanks on this one I went back to some more natural colors, after the bright schemes I used in the previous few.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    Wow. This would probably get snapped up quick in New Mexico both because of the pattern around the side which feels sort of Native American Pueblo, but it has the colors of the desert as well.

I'm thinking of a lot of different things with this one. Feels wild and free yet contained by tasteful design with that frame or border. And that in itself carries one connotation.

I also like the Abstract Expressionistic juicy center, like biting into a bon bon from a chocolate box. Really does feel like those kinds of super aggressive process paintings like DeKooning and that lot. You nailed the style. The frame effect is a new wrinkle and sets up an interesting tension between them. . . which works nicely, I might add, as if it were a street painting hanging in a fancy, designer Manhattan apartment.

Anyway, it's cool stuff. I can see a number of your former directions coming together in these new offerings after your hiatus. Bravo!
    Thanks a bunch for this comment D Akey, actually this one almost did not make it out to the forum, only some last minute color changes brought it to a point of balance for me. The nice thing about having you to comment is you have seen my work evolve for quite a while now and can see previous experiments get integrated into new directions.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    It does remind me of Native American art and life style. Really like it.
    Thanks Marilyn Anne!

Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    I like this, the colours and shapes
    Jean so glad you like the colors in this

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Hello Gary,
    Even If you posted your painting without a description or simply titleless, the Native American theme punches out at you!
    Great job,
    Steve
    Thanks Steve I am not Native American ( although my great-great grandmother was) but for some reason quite a few of my works seem to echo that style and color...and I take that as a compliment.
    Last edited by gxhpainter2; 02-15-2014 at 04:16 AM.

Gorgeous

Gary, this is so magnificent, you have captured all the the true meaning of your thoughts and ideas on the canvas, I have said this before, but this is beautiful and another favorite one of mine

I think this is one of your best Gary, I love the colours
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307