ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: In The City

In The City

calmed down the bright colors a bit, but was inspired by the scenes from a movie with a helicopter flying over Portland ( movie was GONE )... did a lot of post painting Photoshop work to add a more gritty texture.. Originally it started with simple geometric shapes with global light turned off in AR to get flat color. I am finding that working in AR with flat color and a lower resolution makes things run faster on my computer and then I use Perfect Resize to upsize the image to a printable resolution and size..hope you enjoy this one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In the City.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	531.4 KB 
ID:	79305  

It feels like the vision is consistent throughout. I'm seeing some really good things in it.

You're certainly doing artistic work with it. It's a very good image. You're definitely coming back with a vision. Go Man Go!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Your titles always give an insight to the subject, and I look down and imagine what's happening beneath those roofs.

Lovely colour pallet and textures. You're back with renewed enthusiasm!

So textural

Very solid looking. Interesting colors.

I like it! If I may: I'd have also added a water container (we don't have those in Italy but in u.s movies are always on top of some buildings ) rendered like a circle among all those blocks.

Mondrian was artfully rivisited and elaborated here by You, dear Gary. I love this one!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

You have a nice eye for abstract work. I don't see things that way and I have a good deal of respect for those who can produce work that goes beyond an explosion in a paint factory. It is much harder to do than most people realize. I saw a movie about Jackson Pollack, don't remember the name of it, starring Ed Harris, that I thought was very well done and changed my thinking about abstract work. Though I must admit seeing a large white canvas with a single orange stripe down one side, hanging in the National Gallery in Washington DC, left me wondering how that deserved to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    It feels like the vision is consistent throughout. I'm seeing some really good things in it.

You're certainly doing artistic work with it. It's a very good image. You're definitely coming back with a vision. Go Man Go!
    D Akey, thanks I owe you , your advice and eye for quality work, and ability to identify where it falls short has been a great help to me these past couple of years..

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Your titles always give an insight to the subject, and I look down and imagine what's happening beneath those roofs.

Lovely colour pallet and textures. You're back with renewed enthusiasm!
    Robyn, thanks so much, I love the abstract because it allows/makes the viewer come up with something of their own when looking at a work but in my case atleast I like to try to give a context or starting point with the title..

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Anne View Post
    Very solid looking. Interesting colors.
    thanks Marilyn

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    I like it! If I may: I'd have also added a water container (we don't have those in Italy but in u.s movies are always on top of some buildings ) rendered like a circle among all those blocks.
    good idea , and thanks I love your work and it is a pleasure to have you stop by and comment

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Mondrian was artfully rivisited and elaborated here by You, dear Gary. I love this one!
    Ah your acute eye for artistic source, this is an evolution of sorts from my foray into the works of Mondrian...

Quote Originally Posted by jmac View Post
    You have a nice eye for abstract work. I don't see things that way and I have a good deal of respect for those who can produce work that goes beyond an explosion in a paint factory. It is much harder to do than most people realize. I saw a movie about Jackson Pollack, don't remember the name of it, starring Ed Harris, that I thought was very well done and changed my thinking about abstract work. Though I must admit seeing a large white canvas with a single orange stripe down one side, hanging in the National Gallery in Washington DC, left me wondering how that deserved to be there.
    Jmac thanks, I really appreciate when someone like yourself gives an honest appraisal and comes from a more realistic painting style. As that was my root and I only much later came into a more abstract style. there are artists that I really question and whose work I really wonder about also.