ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: ipads etc.

ipads etc.

I've finally decided to jump in the water and get an ipad. I bought my wife a small one and was unexpectedly surprised at it's capabilities. We're not talking about the little phones but a larger tablet.
    So what I'm curious about is how does the artrage work on them? Seems like my finger is the brush which in my case would be hard as I have gorilla fingers or does it require a stylus? My questions then for someone who has the app is how does it work and are you happy with it?

The last time I kept an open mind,
    my brain fell out and the dog grabbed it.
    Now it's full of dirt, toothmarks, and dog slobber.
    No more open minds or dogs for me.www.gms9810.com/

I'm relatively happy with the process on the iPad and artrage. There's still issues of memory if you spend too much time, do too many layers, or make the canvas too large. To get around this you just have to reset the memory.

There are a lot of different type of styli you can find out there that might make things feel easier to you. I have seen really expensive ones and really cheap ones. If do a Youtube and search for best stylus iPad reviews you can get an idea of one that might suit you best. I found a pack of 3 at a dollar store that also double as an ink pen and they work just as well as any other, but some folks have to have a specific kind.

The downside to the stylus for iPads are usually rounded rubber tipped and take a bit of getting used to... but you can make great art on them. You can scan through my little gallery on here and look for ones that say iPad on them. They were created completely in iPad and on a low end generation 1 version with a stylus. I have yet to make a masterpiece on my iPad 2 top of the line one...and I expect it will result in a great image as well. I've been deep in the world of manga, pencil and markers.

If you use ArtRage 'as is' on an iPad, it is basically as if you were drawing with a mouse (using your finger or a stylus to guide it). A little easier than drawing with a mouse, but the screen effect is the same - the size does not vary no matter how much or little pressure you use.

However, it does offer pressure sensitivity, but only with very specific styluses: Wacom Intuos Creative Stylus, TenOne Pogo Connect Stylus and the older Jot Touch (which does NOT work on the iOS7, so if you have just bought an iPad, you don't want this one. We are looking at adding support for the Jot Touch 4 in the future, but right now, that doesn't work with ArtRage either).

There's a guide here as well http://forums.artrage.com/showthread...es-on-the-iPad

I haven't actually had a chance to use a pressure sensitive stylus yet, so I can't compare, but it's the main thing I miss with the app.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

This is not my signature.

Go forth and read the tutorials. Also, check out the featured artists!

My wife produced a stylus someone gave her (can't imagine why), which is rubber tipped. She seems to be doing fine with it. I'm going to get a pad Friday and I'll look into getting a pressure sensitive one. Thanks for the enlightenment.

You have some nice backgrounds there, can I use 'green nightmare' for a bg for my tablet?

Sure can. I have a friend who liked green metal panic. I guess he took it somewhere and got it enlarged on canvas.