ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need some guidance ....

I need some guidance ....

Hello!

My name is Elena and I live currently in Shanghai as an expat.
    When I have a bit of time, I like to paint, but to be honest, I am only at the beginning of this creative road and I really need some guidance and constructive criticism.

Some of my friends tell me that my paintings are quite good and that I should try to paint more. Maybe even professionally. But I`m not so sure about it.

I would appreciate your thoughts regarding my paintings

So below are a few of my paintings.

I really hope to receive some honest opinions and helpful advices.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auroch.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	406.5 KB 
ID:	77965

Name:	chess remade.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	337.3 KB 
ID:	77966

Name:	dandelion.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	531.8 KB 
ID:	77968

Name:	dandellion1.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	513.0 KB 
ID:	77969
    Last edited by Elena; 11-22-2013 at 09:14 PM.

I take it that these are not digital, but shots of your natural media paintings?

You do have ability, and it will be interesting how you can translate that in Art Rage.

Welcome Elena,

Your friends are correct. Your paintings are quite good! And definitely you should paint more!
    You've offered four examples of your work, in three different categories of subject matter.
    I'm not going to critique them, but I'm sure one could give one's analytical critique based on their
    lengthy quantitative analysis of your work presented here.

But whats a critique going to give or help you with, it's just one's opinion. These paintings are yours alone, no one else's! To be enjoyed by you, your friends and all viewing them. Criticism may come, and usually doesn't require a invitation. Advise will come when you start posting your work, and you will find it quite useful and given in a friendly way.

Instead!.......
    Your friends like them, I like them and I'm sure once you show them in the gallery others will agree!
    As for "guidance", your doing well on your own!
    We all benefit with 'tips' from others, but the choosing how to use them is your choice alone.

It's your work, are you happy with it?. Keep painting, Each new one , becoming more confident
    and familiar with yourself and understanding what and how you want to portray your imagery will help you develope your own style.
    Check out the gallery and see everyone's work, it can be very enjoyable and can be a valuable learning tool.
    I've enjoyed your offerings,
    and hope we see more of them!
    Take Care,
    Stevemawmv

P.S.
    Upload your Artrage paintings to the 'gallery forum', I'm quite sure others would enjoy seeing them!
    'Critique forum' can be lonely at times!
    Again, enjoyed them,
    That's means I liked them!
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 11-23-2013 at 06:04 PM.

Nice paintings...
    Last edited by chinapete; 11-24-2013 at 10:06 PM.
    xiěyž, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    I take it that these are not digital, but shots of your natural media paintings?

You do have ability, and it will be interesting how you can translate that in Art Rage.

Hi Copespeak, thank you a lot for your comment.
    Yes, these are acrylic media paintings, my beginnings in art so to speak.
    I am also very curious to try to create some artworks with Art Rage, as a matter of fact, I`m downloading it right now to try it out.

Will see how it turns out for me.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Welcome Elena,

Your friends are correct. Your paintings are quite good! And definitely you should paint more!
    You've offered four examples of your work, in three different categories of subject matter.
    I'm not going to critique them, but I'm sure one could give one's analytical critique based on their
    lengthy quantitative analysis of your work presented here.

But whats a critique going to give or help you with, it's just one's opinion. These paintings are yours alone, no one else's! To be enjoyed by you, your friends and all viewing them. Criticism may come, and usually doesn't require a invitation. Advise will come when you start posting your work, and you will find it quite useful and given in a friendly way.

Instead!.......
    Your friends like them, I like them and I'm sure once you show them in the gallery others will agree!
    As for "guidance", your doing well on your own!
    We all benefit with 'tips' from others, but the choosing how to use them is your choice alone.

It's your work, are you happy with it?. Keep painting, Each new one , becoming more confident
    and familiar with yourself and understanding what and how you want to portray your imagery will help you develope your own style.
    Check out the gallery and see everyone's work, it can be very enjoyable and can be a valuable learning tool.
    I've enjoyed your offerings,
    and hope we see more of them!
    Take Care,
    Stevemawmv

P.S.
    Upload your Artrage paintings to the 'gallery forum', I'm quite sure others would enjoy seeing them!
    'Critique forum' can be lonely at times!
    Again, enjoyed them,
    That's means I liked them!
    Steve

Hi Steve!

Thank you so much for the warmth welcome and all the nice things you said. Certainly gives me hope and courage to paint more!

Reading your advices, makes me wanna come out more often out of my shell and stop doubting myself
    So, thanks for that.

I`ll follow your advice and for now I`ll try to paint without thinking of anything else, concentrating only on my visions, colors, shapes and the happiness it brings me ...as for the other things go, I think you are so right when you said " Criticism may come, and usually doesn't require a invitation. Advise will come when you start posting your work, and you will find it quite useful and given in a friendly way."
    I definitely should remember this!

Thank you again for the lovely comment and advice.

Elena

My blog - www.elenahasnas.weebly.com

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    Nice paintings...
    Hello

Thanks so much. I appreciate your kind words a lot.

Elena

Hi Elena, you don't need any guidance. Come to the gallery section to show off your works once you get the hang with Artrage. For what it matters I like the horse painting the best, second one the bull. Try to paint them in an environment. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaMG View Post
    Hi Elena, you don't need any guidance. Come to the gallery section to show off your works once you get the hang with Artrage. For what it matters I like the horse painting the best, second one the bull. Try to paint them in an environment. Keep up the good work!
    Hi Andrea,

Thanks so much for visiting my page and for your advice.
    I will certainly try to paint animals in an environment ..the only problem is, I tried once, but I failed
    It got too tricky when painting things with perspective "near-far". For me, all the things looked near, although they were meant to be far far away.
    Gotta keep on trying

I`m learning as I go, hopefully will get the hold of it soon.

Elena

Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    Hi Andrea,

"...It got too tricky when painting things with perspective "near-far". For me, all the things looked near, although they were meant to be far far away...
    Damn Renaissance! until then the whole near/far thing was never an issue
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)