ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Bette Midler..

Bette Midler..

in the film Hocus Pocus..hope you like her..
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Now that's a great witch

Yes allway's liked her as was good for a laugh SLAINTE

If Bette Middler and Milton Berle had a love child, this would be that child.

Nice attention to details. I think the thing to be mindful of is appropriating one star's signature look onto another who may not be known for it. In this case I think it's the teeth, the shape of the head, the wild eyes, and that he was known for cross dressing when on the stage as part of his humor, that don't quite say Bette Middler to me. It might look just like her and I'm full of rubbish. But it's one of those things about caricature I suppose that you want to have an immediate 'Wow! That's really <whoever>.'

If I didn't know either star I would never have had a question about it. But this is a fine painting and your rendering skills are awesome now. Wonderfully convincing that it exists in full dimension. Very fun.

----------------

You know what, I just looked at her character from the movie and you did a great job. . . she looks a little like Milton Berle in the movie. And you would have no idea who that was being that your from the UK. He was a star from the very earliest days of TV here in the States.

Anyway, I maintain it looks like him. But having seen Bette Middler in that, you nailed it. . . poor woman. . . hahahah
    Last edited by D Akey; 11-09-2013 at 07:25 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Love that movie and you painting of her in character

thanks very much justjean pleased you like her..
    she's a great actress eighty
    many thanks indeed abbysdad
    D Akey.. after I read your first comment I went back and checked my reference photos' thinking oops perhaps I have exaggerated her teeth a bit too much and lost the likeness,but realised they where obviously false ... but I understood your comment as Milt is on my list of people to draw...and you where right.. she is a combination of the two...
    its difficult to caricature someone who is ,to all intent and purporses,a caricature..as in this case, and keep the likeness ,and usually I wouldn't but in this case I liked the photo and thought I'd give it a try..
    thanks for taking the time to comment it is appreciated

Another fantastic caricature! You're really an absolutely confident and terrific master at these!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thank you very much Caesar..you are too kind..