ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: The Deep Blue Sea

Smile The Deep Blue Sea

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cool-Blue-Sea-Shore-Scene-And-Waves copy.jpg 
Views:	9478 
Size:	216.9 KB 
ID:	77666

Hi. This is my first digital painting ever. I have spent 4 days to complete this. I know it is not perfect. Though,I would like some feedback's and corrections from you guys. It will be very helpful. Thanks a lot in advance.
    Last edited by Arun; 11-04-2013 at 02:58 PM.

Hi. Yep. I like it. but if it took me that long. Either I would shot my myself. Or the ripper would

Take me. Nah Yoking. don't think I could concentrate for all that time ok. SLAINTE

Welcome!

Bright and beautiful, and your water's edge is wonderful.

Looks very cool. Great job. You created a world and you're consistent within your style. It's not particularly photographic, and from your skywriting message I'm taking that to mean that it's your intention to paint something that blends with live action? Or am I mistaken?

Anyway, my suggestion would be to think of areas in terms of mass rather than wanting your line and detail to carry so much weight of the image. There's an awful lot of noodling marks that indicate there is something in all those areas that you were working on. But it isn't the line that will make it work unless you're doing a drawing.

I think the way to approach it is try to see the big picture first and paint that, and then begin sub-dividing it. Otherwise you will be laboring long and hard and will get a very stylized painting.

Maybe you want to also pick a painting subject where there is more variation in the texture and color and value. That way you have more visual tools to work with making it read in a more dynamic way.

But clearly you have a lot of great energy and this is a fine painting and you should be proud. Hang on to it as a marker of where you were at this point in time and you can compare it to where you get to later. You have so many choices of directions at this point. And who knows which one(s) you will stumble onto as you take your surfin' safari.

Go go go! The energy you display will carry you a long way.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Nice sculptured wave

A wonderful shoreline. Very nice!

You have a knack for seascapes. Your signature in the sand is very cool. Sky writing is distractive for me. Great waves and sea. Do more seascapes........TJ

I like it!
    Well done on your wave crests and beach foam effects....Agree with tony, be better without the 'Sky Siggies'.
    Stevemawmv

This is such a calming painting, I would love to walk along that beach. Welcome and well done
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307