ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mums in rain

Mums in rain

Recently I returned to the iPhone 5 with ArtRage to capture this late fall scene of mums in the garden on a rainy morning ... I'm using a Trent Limir mesh-tipped stylus and the oil brush tool emulating inks on digitized toned Chinese xuan paper ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    xiěy, n. freehand brushwork, spontaneous expression
    Artrage Gallery
    / Leaning Tree Ink Studio

Hi. Pete. Was. A bit foggy as well then. Bet she wasn't pleased . Jainkang

I'm wif Mr Ploos on this one. What a horrible thing to do to your mum. Please let her in. It's raining ya heartless cad!!!!

Meanwhile back at the flowers -- I like it. It's very interesting how your patina has almost overtaken the subject, as if the mums have become a second read and without the title I would have been challenged to know what I was looking at. And that's an intriguing reflection of certain ideas about being able to see and understand and think and whatever limits us and what we do to try to understand the partially occluded by our focal distance in a manner of speaking. Very deep conceptually (potentially). But it looks cool as a design too. Nice to see you back.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

I had to wait until dark to see it properly, but it was worth the wait. I agree, the title makes you looks at if differently, but I like that, we can see what's in your head.

Sadly, it will be hard to bring her in from the rain, as she's potted beneath those mums, hehe ...

Thanks for the welcoming words ... I don't know how much I'll be able to do, my eyes no longer are able to tolerate much daylight, and except for the iPhone, the light I see on a computer screen seems unnatural ... but there are images I have to get down, so these days I draw, mostly on paper with water-soluble pencil, tracing out felt forms ...

... speaking of drawing, copespeak, your Egg Thief is one of the strongest I've seen recently, it is a physical event in the world ... by design or accident, the bird's eye conveys intense human expression ...
    Artrage Gallery

Hey Pete, good to see you and your art, I hope I look as good as your mums when I'm potted

haha, hi jean ... you know I'm a great admirer of your work, all of your paintings have a painterly feel, your recent pears la chardin is no exception ... as I look at those full forms and their weight on the table, I think of a word that isn't used very often these days, plenitude, and how art completes reality ...
    Artrage Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    It's very interesting how your patina has almost overtaken the subject ...
    Hi D Akey, as usual, your comments are far more stimulating than any work of mine they describe ... The word "patina" I think is especially apt because it suggests there must be an underlying surface hidden by some effect of nature ... And "patina" may also relate to a consistent greyish tone throughout ... The sweeping arc of the blossoms spirals into a center where ... nothing much happens ...
    Artrage Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by chinapete View Post
    Hi D Akey, as usual, your comments are far more stimulating than any work of mine they describe ... . . . ... nothing much happens ...
    Are you so sure about that? Look again. Look deeper. . . Look closer. . . Relax your mind. . . Let the picture speak to you. . .
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream