ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sketching along

Sketching along

Name:  skallen.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  91.3 KB

This is my first ArtRage sketch. I usually sketch on paper. I am Learning to use digital sketching. It can be useful.
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Nice one Henry. I haven't sketched on paper for ages, but am starting to again. You have more control and can play with the lines more. Both are great for different uses.

I agree re: control on the page, however, I've been playing with the Stylus Properties, and you can get a nice responsive line if you set Pressure to Size for the Pencil too. Just a thought.

BTW, nice sketch. Most people don't include enough blacks-- their too tentative-- but this is nice and rich. About what I'd expect from you! Very nice!
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

Hi Steve, you talk about Pressure to Size? I have a Wacom Intuos 4, how would I access that. I have had a look..... ??

Very nice drawing.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Shorts

Name:  gobben i shorts.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  73.2 KB

ArtRage sketch. Summertime man in shorts.
    Last edited by Henry Stahle; 10-24-2013 at 08:03 PM.
    My Art Blog : Pennstreck
    My Instagram: Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Hi Steve, you talk about Pressure to Size? I have a Wacom Intuos 4, how would I access that. I have had a look..... ??
    In Artrage, after you click on the Pencil tool go to the Settings Pod and click on the arrow to the right of the Preset name. Out pops a flyout menu. Click on Set Stylus Properties. To the right of Pressure is "Add Settings". Click on the "+" and you'll see the options available for that tool. It varies by tool. For the pencil, only Size is an option, but I find the Pencil tool waaaaaay more responsive with this option clicked. I then have it saved as a Preset, and it includes the Stylus Properties I've clicked. I call it my "Responsive Sketcher" because the line weight varies much more than normal. Very pleasant for sketching.
    Check out and submit to the thread on Watercolor WIPs in Artrage-- lots of good tips and conversation
    My YouTube video tutorial series- How to Paint with Watercolors in Artrage
    Try out the free
    Artrage Pen-Only Toolbar to improve your workflow and reduce clutter
    List of other good tutorials on using watercolors in Artrage
    List of good sticker sprays for watercolor effects in Artrage

My blog- art, poetry and picture books- http://www.seamlessexpression.blogspot.com/

You draw magnificently, dear mate!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thumbs up wonderfully

wonderfully
    i like it very much

Thanks Steve, I have done that, and yes, there might be a bit more response added. I would love to have more controls in the pencil ... like the Hard Shader doesn't require the canvas to be turned to get away from that narrow vertical.... and taper length would be great!

But, back to this thread, I am being rude Henry! I love your man in shorts. Your characters always seem so beautifully vulnerable.