Page 48 of 98 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: AndreaMG's Gallery ✟ Joan of Arc ✟

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Another couple of marvellous, shining portraits. I waited some time before makinh any commet to let You elaborate the mourning for Toro's bad luck at the very last minute ... Ciau né? Mi dispiace, ma al prossimo anno farete cose ancora migliori.
    Yeah. Tough luck indeed. Well, the race is not just the driver. Let's all hope for machines that perform perfectly!
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Stunning work. Beautiful really.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Thanks

Thank you Dear Gary, you're quite right, I feel more comfortable now about colors, I used to think that shapes are the most important thing but lately I discovered that colors are a key ingredient too (it might sound obvious but it wasn't so to me )

Thank you Dear Robyn for the support!

Thank you Dear Alexandra for the kind words

Thank you Dear Pai , I'm beginning to understand how things work with colors (I'm self-taught )

Merci beaucoup
    Dear YoannLori

Thank you Dear Silvia! Ciau ne

Thank you Dear Cesare for the compliments! Mannaggia al Toro e alla sfiga che ci perseguita sempre, almeno siamo diventati competitivi, speriamo la prossima stagione di vincere almeno un derby . Ciau ne

Thank you Dear Kenmo for the kind words

Thank you Dear Byroncallas!!!!!!!!! Ciao
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 05-21-2014 at 07:57 AM.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Retweak

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post

As to the re-worked one, it's fine. I think it feels heavier than the first one which seems more delicate. For example, her nose is drawing more attention, for good or ill. She feels more like a naturally dark complected girl having dyed her hair blonde as often seen with Latinas. And that's not a criticism. It's just the impression it gives me owing to more contrast.

Anyway, I very much enjoyed these. Great work as ever.
    Thank you Dear D for the feedback, you're perfectly right, the tweaked version for certain aspects was a bit messy and I made things even worse by enhancing the contrast in post-production . Anyways I tweaked it again following your precious remarks. Thanks again

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heart5.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	337.3 KB 
ID:	81058
    Last edited by AndreaMG; 05-21-2014 at 08:02 AM.

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

like the re tweak... the faceted knife work and tweaks of color to the face ..almost a cubist vision rethought. for a very cool modern look..

All those beautiful chunky squares. Just gorgeous and vibrant!

Dear Andrea,
    I liked the second tweak because it has a viabrate quality to it, this last one, to me, is reminiscence of a 20th century portrait...all very nice, all very different.
    And in saying that.....I've enjoyed viewing all three 'Queen of Hearts one' paintings.
    Take care friend,
    Steve
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 05-21-2014 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Spelling

She's a polished beautifully faceted diamond now! Wow! I opened this page and BAM! You nailed it!

I like all the changes you made and saw the struggle but of course had no idea where you were going to take it. The end result is brilliant. It's a celebration of geometric angles through which we're seeing softness and femininity. It's incongruous, yet the freshness and deliberate quality you got into this one really is seeing something quite appealing for the first time.

I think the new thing in this series that makes this work is that your color mixing is really clean and subtle, where you've expanded your descriptive vocabulary, but it's not such a jump from one value and color to another all over the place. So there's all the brushwork from before, only this is smoother and the angularity is there, only it flows. And it's a neat "trick"! Bravo!

Like I say it's akin to a polished gemstone or diamond, which of course carries all the associations beautiful women and the diamond have between them.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Thank you!

Thank you again Dear Gary for your kind words

Thank you again Dear Robyn, square power

Thank you again Dear Steve my friend for your support, hope to see more from you soon.

Thank you again Dear D for your guidance and your lovely comment ^^

Great work