ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Rage Against The Dying Of The Light...

Rage Against The Dying Of The Light...

...Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" (Dylan Thomas). No Ref. 4200x3000x300. One layer. AR4. An Ode to my Mother's passing.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rage Against The (2k).jpg 
Views:	261 
Size:	264.9 KB 
ID:	77252
    Last edited by L Skylar Brown; 10-04-2013 at 01:48 PM.
    My Website - SkylarArt.com
    "Beauty Draws those who Draw Beauty" - Skylar

If I read this properly, my condolences to you.
    The poem is a classic where the author implores his parent to rage against having his light go out. I can appreciate being in that place and looking for an expression for it. Your painting did not let the light go out, and that you chose what is classically known among photographers and film makers as golden hour when everything is bathed in a soft golden luminescence just before going dark. Good choices. And gold is a color of treasure. Wonderfully articulate in the symbolism.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Excellent artwork, very nicely done.

A very moving painting Skylar and painted straight from the heart
    Sometimes...I remember better with my eyes closed

My Gallery
    http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/6307

Wow...jaw dropping good.... As Katie has commented, a lot of emotion in this painting....

We're never ready to such a sad event and we certainly aren't the same anymore afterwards, but I'm reasonably sure love links, and the one with our mom is, among them, special, unique and indissoluble, do cross any barrier and that network of souls is eventually the only reality. Great tribute whose feelings I appreciate and share with You, dear friend.
    Panta rei (everything flows)!