ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Intro to my ArtRage Canvas

Cool Intro to my ArtRage Canvas

Here is another tutorial in a series that I am making. This one is showing my canvas settings and setup for painting in ArtRage 4. This was made mostly for my student that I'm teaching digital art to. She's never done any kind of digital art and the first software I want to introduce her to is ArtRage. Be sure to turn on captions, and watch in HD if possible, thanks and enjoy!

Last edited by StratoArt; 08-31-2013 at 05:12 PM.

This is a nice, friendly intro, even if a bit unstructured - it seems like you are discovering the program with the student as you go too Love the little comments and annotations, made mi giggle. I was expecting you talking about canvas settings. I enjoyed it

[QUOTE=StratoArt;454352]Here is another tutorial in a series that I am making. This one is showing my canvas settings and setup for painting in ArtRage 4. This was made mostly for my student that I'm teaching digital art to. She's never done any kind of digital art and the first software I want to introduce her to is ArtRage. Be sure to turn on captions, and watch in HD if possible, thanks and enjoy!

This was originally made for a student of mine who is just learning ArtRage actually just learning anything digital. It was really a spontaneous recording really. thanks!
    Last edited by StratoArt; 09-01-2013 at 02:37 AM.

Let me know what you all wold like to see specifically if at all, I'll try to do more structured videos. thanks!

I got ArtRage very recently and just like your student I have never done digital art. I did a little bit of natural media over 10 years ago, I was never particularly great at it, but I loved playing and trying. I picked ArtRage because it felt friendlier and more intuitive than other programs (and was affordable and the forum is great!).

As for future videos one thing I struggle with is blending. I see those speed painting videos where people just lay paint down (in PS or Paint), add a few different shades and blend it to get an instantly 3D look. I find that the AR blenders sort of... diffuse the paint? It doesn't blend into the paint, it sort of gets spread and messed up. If I try blending close to the linework it strips the paint off leaving blurred paintless bits. If that makes sense? So a tutorial on blending to achieve a more 3D realistic look would be nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirithiar View Post
    I got ArtRage very recently and just like your student I have never done digital art. I did a little bit of natural media over 10 years ago, I was never particularly great at it, but I loved playing and trying. I picked ArtRage because it felt friendlier and more intuitive than other programs (and was affordable and the forum is great!).

As for future videos one thing I struggle with is blending. I see those speed painting videos where people just lay paint down (in PS or Paint), add a few different shades and blend it to get an instantly 3D look. I find that the AR blenders sort of... diffuse the paint? It doesn't blend into the paint, it sort of gets spread and messed up. If I try blending close to the linework it strips the paint off leaving blurred paintless bits. If that makes sense? So a tutorial on blending to achieve a more 3D realistic look would be nice!
    Sure I can show that and others here may have be able to show that even quicker, if not, I'll do a showing of how I blend, with the A-10 painting that I'm working on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ThunderboltII-wip9.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	281.5 KB 
ID:	76858