ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Tablet Issues With Artrage

Exclamation Tablet Issues With Artrage

Hello! I recently purchased a Bamboo splash, and as you're probably aware ArtRage 3 was included with the tablet purchase. Now as the piece of software was sold with the tablet, I assumed it would have no issues with it. I was wrong. I downloaded, installed artrage, try to start drawing- my tablet is only capable of making dots on the artrage canvas with any tool, any settings, etc, etc. I've tried plugging in the tablet before artrage opens, after it opens, I've restarted the computer multiple times to see if that fixed it- Nada. The tablet seems to work fine with everything else, but artrage. I've tried mouse scribbling in artrage and can get lines, not just dots. Anyone had the same issue?

Pretty Strange

Quote Originally Posted by Jotynn View Post
    Hello! I recently purchased a Bamboo splash, and as you're probably aware ArtRage 3 was included with the tablet purchase. Now as the piece of software was sold with the tablet, I assumed it would have no issues with it. I was wrong. I downloaded, installed artrage, try to start drawing- my tablet is only capable of making dots on the artrage canvas with any tool, any settings, etc, etc. I've tried plugging in the tablet before artrage opens, after it opens, I've restarted the computer multiple times to see if that fixed it- Nada. The tablet seems to work fine with everything else, but artrage. I've tried mouse scribbling in artrage and can get lines, not just dots. Anyone had the same issue?
    Hey. Sorry about your problem. You probably already did this, but have you installed the drivers that came with the tablet? ArtRage works wonderful with the Bamboo Splash. I have one. Or maybe you just had bad luck and got a faulty tablet. Or maybe the ArtRage file got corrupted when you downloaded it. Have you reinstalled the software?

I am pretty sure the ArtRage team will find a solution. They are very helpful and always listening to its users.

I have just un-installed/reinstalled artrage, there seems to have been no change. All drivers are up to date, and the tablet draws fine on everything else, so I do not believe it is a faulty tablet. As a side/added note, the canvass also likes to zoom to 800% without me telling it to do so.

This kind of problem usually relates to drivers or the input method selected in ArtRage. Dots usually indicate that something is interrupting a stroke and the zoom might relate to an erroneous right click or zoom event from a tablet driver.

The first thing to check if you're using a Wacom tablet is that in the Input section of the ArtRage preferences panel you have set Use Wintab to ON and Use Realtime Stylus to OFF.

If that doesn't resolve the problem you should check your drivers. Tablet drivers can be finicky things so you need to follow this process:

1. Download the latest drivers for your tablet from Wacom's web site (ones in the box may be out of date).

2. Uninstall your current tablet drivers and reboot your computer. The reboot here is really important as not doing it can leave some older components of the drivers running and prevent updates.

3. After reboot, install the new drivers.

Then launch ArtRage and see if that helps. If it doesn't, please drop a mail to support@artrage.com and let us know the details of your computer including what type of hardware it is and what operating system you are using. We can then take you through some troubleshooting steps to find out what the problem is.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.