ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Feeling Abstract lately

Feeling Abstract lately

Greetings to everyone -- I hope your summer is going great!

Recent abstractClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Abstract1arsm.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	343.6 KB 
ID:	76326

Hi Al. Good to see your palette again. Still holds the same vigor as your pics of musicians. So it must be the colors rather than the subjects that make it ring out. Still feels musical though.

Oddly enough, just yesterday I was just messing around with a delay/chorus pedal and it offers the selection to select square or triangle for the waveform. And the setting in this painting definitely falls into the triangle form. . . with mods. Do you use effects pedals with your bass?

I know you're a big fan of Jaco Pastorius who used a lot of electronics as I recall. Were you at all inspired by that for this, maybe a little subliminally? Looks like you're going for tone here.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

alkratzer,
    Feeling abstract is a good thing, especially when it expresses
    a vibrant rhythm that releases it's exuberance with brilliant
    color and form. Just love this!
    Mairzie Dotes

Colors are singing and the brushes are talking....:-) good abstract and all yours. Good to meet you here again.

No. Alk. I haven't seen her. Lately

Glad You came back home, dear Al! As usual I'm enchanted by Your luminescent colors!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Thanks Gang!

Caesar, Sandra, AT-TA, keno, Mairzie, eighty+
    It has been a LOOONNG time since I've checked in and I can't tell you all how delightful it is to hear your well wishes.

D'Akey -- I go through phases (no pun intended) with effects on the bass. I love Jaco's solo sound, but always seem to find myself going back to a pretty dry, straight sound -- with just a pinch of tube distortion to add some sustain and warmth. Closer to a Motown Sound I guess.

Spent the last year or so doing some heavy shedding on the bass. Don't know if I play any better because of it, but it has changed some of my thoughts about notes, rhythm and silence. Somebody once told me that a beat in jazz has three parts: the last triplet of the prior beat was where the bass player should play the next beat to get that "on top of it, ahead of the beat" drive in a walking line, the drummer should land directly ON the new beat -- keeping time precisely, and the piano/guitar should play in the second triplet of the new beat as thoughtful punctuation. All together the beat becomes this fat, breathing pulse. I look at this abstract and think about that concept and see a plausible relationship.

Yes - musical in every respect. Lovely colors, great rhythm.
    // "Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well." - Byron
    //
    My ArtRage Paintings Here
    // My Comprehensive AR4 & 3 Thread Here
    64 bit Win8Pro, 16GB Ram, Intel i7 Quad Core - 8 threads; Wacom Intuios 4