ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Layers Panel and a way to see the current layer only

Layers Panel and a way to see the current layer only

Hi,

I would like to ask you if there is a way to see on canvas only the current layer (assuming that I have several layers already opened and visible, with opacity 100%)?
    By current layer I mean that layer which is already selected (highlighted) on the Layers Panel.

The idea is to check every single layer and its content by just passing through them while being displayed on the canvas, instead of using the "layer Visibility" option for disable all the other layers.

If I do not make myself understood, I would like to explain again with other words.

Thank you for any input.
    Last edited by kaiko; 07-07-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    kaiko

Yup! Option/alt-click the eye on the layer you want to see all by itself and all layers will disappear from view (NOT deleted!) except the one you clicked. Option/alt -click to make them all reappear.

I hope I read you post right? :-)

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Thanks hypotaxis! I never knew you could do that either. Very useful
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage 5.0.5 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    + 22" HD Monitor ~ macOS 10.12.6 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M and a Spyder4Pro (to keep the colours true!)

Hi @hypotaxis

Thank you for your attention!
    You are kind for helping me.

I will try to explain it again using another words, because the tip you have just show me is not what I was looking for. It is a great help for other situations, and thank you for taking your time, I mean it.

Suppose that you have several layers, all of them with different drawings.
    If you have several layers NOT hidden in Artrage, you will have all those layers displayed at the same time on its main view (canvas)
    But what I am looking for is quiet the opposite: I want all layers invisible but one (the current layer already highlighted on the LAYERS PANEL) AND (this is the most important part that I am looking to achieve) just selecting the following layer, using the keyboard key CRTL+up arrow (or down arrow), I will only have that layer highlighted and visible on the main view while all the others remain invisible. Using again CTRL+up arrow the next layer will be highlighted and all the others will be hidden...

It is like a time-line that we can see in animation software

Any clue if this is possible right now with this new version?

Thank you for your time.
    kaiko

Quote Originally Posted by kaiko View Post
    Suppose that you have several layers, all of them with different drawings.
    If you have several layers NOT hidden in Artrage, you will have all those layers displayed at the same time on its main view (canvas)
    But what I am looking for is quiet the opposite: I want all layers invisible but one (the current layer already highlighted on the LAYERS PANEL)
    This is done as I described in my previous post ... if I understand you correctly :-)

AND (this is the most important part that I am looking to achieve) just selecting the following layer, using the keyboard key CRTL+up arrow (or down arrow), I will only have that layer highlighted and visible on the main view while all the others remain invisible. Using again CTRL+up arrow the next layer will be highlighted and all the others will be hidden...
    I think I understand; you want to hide all layers but the current one, and then be able to cycle to one hidden layer after another and have each one become visible as you cycle through it. I think that's what you want and I don't know any way to do that.

Maybe the Artrage boys will know or someonesane who knows AR inside out.

Brett
    Visit my gallery here.

=========

Quote Originally Posted by hypotaxis View Post
    ... I think I understand; you want to hide all layers but the current one, and then be able to cycle to one hidden layer after another and have each one become visible as you cycle through it...
    Ohhh!!!! THAT is EXACTLY what I was looking for Brett! You explained it so well that I wished to know how to articulate English grammar in a better way .... Thanks!

I will contact someonesane. He/she (not sure) has been of a extremely help answering some of my past questions

[I will use your words when contacting him]
    kaiko

The closest feature to that, that I'm aware of, would be the Alt + Click method Hypotaxis has already mentioned, but it won't cycle through the layer individually. However, responding to this question in a PM I received, I wondered if there might be a way to pull off a sort of slide show using the Scripting feature. I need to reacquaint myself with the coding again though, so it might take me a few days to get back to this.
    Nothing is easy to the unwilling.

Quote Originally Posted by Someonesane View Post
    The closest feature to that, that I'm aware of, would be the Alt + Click method Hypotaxis has already mentioned, but it won't cycle through the layer individually. However, responding to this question in a PM I received, I wondered if there might be a way to pull off a sort of slide show using the Scripting feature. I need to reacquaint myself with the coding again though, so it might take me a few days to get back to this.
    Thank you Someonesane for the reply.

Personally I never did code, scripting or similar. So if it is possible to do as I describe I think I will have a basic-time-line for doing my little rough animations on Artrage.

I like very much the way Artrage is done, particularly its user interface. Amazing. So I am interested to work with AR for the sketch, clean, paint and "animate" all inside it. It is something that I would like to be implemented by the developers BUT I know what their answers are about this, I have already read their past comments related to this same question of implementing it.

If that thing of scripting is something basic to learn, I would search for more information about that.

Thank you once again and I will be waiting patiently, so please take your time! Someonesane
    kaiko