ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Configure multi touch with a Cintiq 24 HDT?

Post Configure multi touch with a Cintiq 24 HDT?

Hi thanks for a great program!

I am using an Cintiq 24HDT with windows 7. I can zoom on the canvas holding down to fingers and doing "the ipad pinch, back and forth". But I can't rotate or move the canvas with my fingers, or interact with my fingers in
    any other way except finger painting. What am I doing wrong?

Sincerly
    Rickard

Hi there. Two finger pinch gestures are a special case mapped to the mouse wheel in Windows so don't indicate multitouch specifically. For multitouch support with your Cintiq:

1/ Make sure to use realtime stylus as this is the correct standard for integrated screen input devices on Windows ( Edit -> Preferences -> Enable 'use realtime stylus', disable 'use wintab'
    2/ Make sure you have the latest Cintiq driver installed from Wacom's website
    3/ Configure your Wacom driver to use Windows gestures rather than Wacom gestures ( this is compatible with realtime stylus ). You can find this in the 'touch' section of your Wacom configuration app in the Windows control panel

I hope this helps! If you still have problems please feel free to email me at support@artrage.com and I can do some troubleshooting with you.
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Thumbs up Wintab

Hi, it sure did!

When I dissabled "wintab" and restarted ArtRage it started to work. I havn't worked with touch so much yet, so I can't really say if it is working perfectly. But it seems like it is reacting fine. Is there anymore functions for touch for the Cintiq you can recommend? I am asking coz I saw something on Youtube when the artist was moving the rulers and other stuff.

Cheers
    Rickard

Great to hear that helped! With two finger gestures you can:

-zoom, rotate and pan the canvas
    -resize, rotate and move objects like stickers, rulers and stencils via two finger gestures
    -move floating panels around ( two finger drag )

You can reset your default canvas rotation, position and scale with 'D' on the keyboard and reset individual properties via View -> Canvas Position
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design