ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Sail Away

Sail Away

Spending more time on my seascapes looking for that special feel I always get when by the sea. Posted this on my art site and was able to resize it up to 48" x 29" using Artrage for that purpose. You can see it at my site below. I really like the feel of this one, I'm a hopeless seascape digital painter, and I guess that's good....lol.....thanks for looking as always.........TJ

Tools used: Oils, tube paint, knives, air gun, glitter, many layers, pencil, opaquing tool on layers, perspective tool, and water color brushes. I did make a slight change to this for my art site, I removed one bird and worked on the canvas of the sail boat a bit more, think it looks better.....just could not upload here due to the huge size..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sailing.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	136.6 KB 
ID:	75716  
    Last edited by Tonyjazz; 05-29-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Tony, your work has progressed so much in the last couple of years, and this sky and sea are simply stunning..hope you get to print some of these out on canvas... really is special to see your work on a larger scale on paper or canvas..

Nicely done Tony, you are certainly the master of the water.
    Geoff

Looks great Tony, lovely and peaceful

Getting fantastic skies

Wonderful seascape. Awesome water and sky.

Thank you all for looking and those that went to the website to see this artwork. Appreciate the comments, as always.......TJ

Beautiful - had a look at your website too, they are all great. Can't quite decide which one is my favourite... Maybe The Beach... Or Flying Home... No, I can't pick. Do you have any tips for drawing clouds and water? I attempted clouds yesterday and failed miserably - I know I need more than one session, but it just wasn't working the way I wanted it to and I can't quite pin point what's wrong with them - yours look so natural!

EDIT: Also, you mentioned perspective tool in your first post - is that in ArtRage? There is a perspective tool? I could probably use some help with my perspective...
    Last edited by Mirithiar; 06-06-2013 at 01:06 AM.

woa... thats awsome

I wish some day I could do something like that nice