ArtRage 5 Product PageArtRage Lite Product PageArtRage for iOS Product PageArtRage for Android Product PageArtRage  Android Oil Painter Free Product PageArtRage  Free Demos Page

Thread: Shaping A Canvas

Question Shaping A Canvas

I've looked over all the canvas options in both Artrage Studio 3 and Artrage 4 and haven't seen this available. When I was student of Art I often used circular canvases or usually a piece of wood shaped as a circle. I'd love to be able to have the option of a circular canvas in Artrage. Is this a possibility in future?

On a side note I thought it would be wonderful to also have canvases with multiple angles. I could create cutouts in those shapes in Photoshop after creating some basic material in Artrage but would love to paint on irregularly shaped canvases in Artrage.

You just get your selection tool set on 'circle', draw an oval or whatever you want and paint inside that. I would make that on a top layer, select inverse and fill the outside, then paint on the layer underneath so you work within that frame. You can always go back to the top layer, magic wand selection in the centre, select inverse, go back to the painted on layer and delete any edges.

Attachment 75527

Nice Workaround yet it isn't quite a shaped canvas

Yes, I thought about painting within a selection and I'm sure I could also make the background transparent or at least white. It does help to be able to save these paintings as PSD files that retain the layers for additional editing functions. I'd still like to see shaped canvases like one would make physically for analog paintings.